We did some shopping on New Year's Day, which was really quite fun. Ian and I both got some new clothes at Old Navy. I didn't find a calendar at Barnes and Noble that I liked enough to look at for an entire year, so I ordered one online, but it hasn't come and it's kind of bugging me not having a calendar yet. Hopefully it will arrive soon.
Our Sunday meeting schedule changed to the 9-12 time. It was rough getting up in the dark at 6:30am to get everyone ready for church, but it sure was nice to come home at noon and eat lunch and nap. Everyone had naps and quiet time. Love it! We had a little FHE later in the evening and talked about setting goals then wrote some down.Weston's 2011 Goals:
-Graduate from preschool (this one shouldn't be much of a challenge as long as he keeps going)
-Learn how to read
-Give a primary talk all by myself
Davin's 2011 Goals:
-Learn to use the potty
-Learn a primary song and sing it for the family
-Learn all of his ABC's
I thought the kids' ideas for goals were pretty cute. We did help with some suggestions, but mostly they came up with them on their own. We also set some family goals. Today I finally had a chance to sit down and get my own 2011 resolutions down on paper.
11 Things I Want to Do in 2011:
1. Lose 20 pounds by my 10 year high school reunion
2. Eat less sweets and more veggies
3. Read the New Testament with Sunday School
4. Save 10% of our income
5. Spend less money on non-essentials/do one "no spend" week each month
6. Build up our food storage
7. Learn to bake bread using wheat and our new wheat grinder
***If you have a good bread recipe, wheat or not, send it my way!
8. Stay out of debt (aka don't use the credit card)
9. Learn to play the organ
10. Plan a date night once a month
11. Play more with the boys
10 comments:
Less money on non-essentials! Why is this one ALWAYS so difficult?! I go to the store with a shopping list, and tons of bizarre items end up jumping into my cart. All of a sudden I'm at the check out and I'm in a shopping daze. I'm stealing that goal.
I must say, those are some pretty great resolutions. If I could accomplish one of those, I would be really proud. Remember when I was on my bread machine kick? I learned from that experience to only do half whole wheat/ half bread flour if you want really yummy bread.
I love the kids' goals, too, I should do that with my kids. I would love to hear Jarom's. :) It will probably be to ride a giant spider since that's all he's been talking about lately.
I'm impressed with your goals, especially the "save 10% of your earnings". That would be hard to do. I'm with ya on the losing weight one (after I have the baby of course). I don't know which would be harder actually- losing the weight or saving 10%. You go girl!
Those sound like great goals. I love your boys' goals.
As for a bread recipe. Some people like and some don't. I happen to loooove it.
link here:
http://deliacreates.blogspot.com/2010/10/best-bread-ever.html
Thanks for sharing these goals. I'm going to copy some for my happiness project--like reading the New Testament with Sunday School and saving more of our income. I've found that splitting up my goals for each month has really made them achievable. Good luck and keep reporting your progress on your blog because accountability is key to reaching your goals.
sounds like you had a fun new years! i love your 11 goals for 2011. i might just have to try a them out for myself (except for playing the organ and using a wheat grinder - which i don't have :)
Those are great goals. I am totally on board with you with the saving 10 percent of our income. i've always wanted to do it, and im hoping that this year if we get a good raise *crossing fingers* we can finally do it. Happy new year!!!
Those are some good goals. I need to think about some goals. I just can hardly believe it is already January.
Here's my favorite recipe, from Caryn Rasmussen:
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=801629
Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.
I love how the kids made a list too! It's good practice for goal setting!! And, I love your list. I can't make resolutions though because I have a list twice that long all year round that I want to do... and I keep adding to it! Good luck and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment