Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Picking

Last night Ian came home a little early from work to begin our fun family outing. We ate our Southwest Corn Chowder then bundled up and headed over to the pumpkin patch. I had never been to a pumpkin patch where you pick your pumpkins from the field. It was so fun. Since it's only a few days until Halloween, the patch was pretty picked over, but we still managed to find 2 decent pumpkins. Weston LOVED riding in the wagon around the field. He was marginally annoyed when the pumpkins left little room for him in the wagon. Davin was our eye candy, as usual. He's such a cutie. I put him in the Frankenstein hat that we got from my friend, Sarah, for Weston's 1st Halloween. When Weston saw him in the hat he said "Is Davin freakin Einstein?" He never did say it right, the whole night.

Here is Weston trying to pull our pumpkins in the wagon. He only tried for a few minutes before he said "Dad, hold the pumpkins so I can ride in there."
He got what he wanted, but we didn't hold the heavy pumpkins. He had to squish in there with them.
Here's our little "freakin Einstein" with one ear poking out. Hee hee. He's so cute.
Family fun at the pumpkin patch.
Weston also picked out this mini pumpkin. The guy who owned it was really nice and let Weston pick out another little tiny mini pumpkin since this one was only going to last a few days. We will definitely have to go back next year. It was such a fun experience, much better than picking a pumpkin at Walmart, and cheaper too! We got 2 big pumpkins and Weston's 2 minis for $6!
When we got home we had a little Halloween treat out neighbors had brought over earlier that day. Weston thought the chocolate dipped pretzel spiders were awesome and he had some milk with his skull straw. We love Halloween!
We are planning on carving our pumpkins tomorrow night with some friends, so we shall see if Weston is interested in the carving this year.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Geez, are you guys cute or what?? Themed night down to the corn chowder!=) That was cute, I totally got a laugh out of freakin Einstein, that is hilarious. And $6? Dang it, we may have been a bit overcharged.

Shewi128 said...

So cute! I can't wait to have kids so I can carve pumpkins (Graham refuses to carve pumpkins since we don't have kids.)

joyous said...

Seriously, those are the cheapest pumpkins I think I've ever heard of!!! I'm excited to carve tomorrow night, except little Miss Independent thinks she's going to do it all by herself....we'll see about that.

Unknown said...

fun outing and GREAT prices! Seriously, that beats the pick your own prices out here by a landslide!