Last Friday we had some visitors. Uncle Eli and Aunt Emilee were in town! We spent the day hanging out with them. They helped me out and watched Davin while I took Weston to his 3 year old check up. That night we had Cafe Rio takeout and then headed downtown to take in a show. We got free tickets to this "kids" show through Ian's work and decided to take Weston to his first theater show.
Here we are in front of the theater. Weston was very excited to be included in such an adult activity and felt special since Davin got left home with a babysitter. He had a hard time focusing for a picture though.

The Crystal and the Sphere was a modern dance show. The stage had 2 main stage props, a large sphere and a large crystal that the dancers went around and that changed colors and such. The show used a lot of cool lighting and even black lights. Weston was riveted. He thought it was really cool. There was a little stretch in the middle that got kind of boring. The jelly beans I bought in the lobby came in handy. There were some really kid friendly numbers and then some weird modern dance ones. We were glad we went though and had a really fun time. It was nice that Eli and Emilee could come with us too.
Yes, I am a dork.

The morning after the play I asked Weston if he had enjoyed the show.
Me: So, did you have fun at the show last night?
W: Uh huh. I didn't laugh though. I didn't think that ball and that party hat were very funny.
Me: laughing.
He was referring to the stage props. The crystal really did look just like a party hat and seeing as this was the morning of his birthday party he kind of had party hats on the brain. Hopefully we can take him to a kid play with more of a story when he's a little older, maybe in another year. I still say it was a successful first "arts" experience.
8 comments:
Yes, you are a dork! But that's impressive that he did so well. I think Lizzie was almost four when I took her to see Winnie the Pooh and she was very tired by the end. Good work immersing him in the arts!!! ;)
What a fun experience. I am proud of you going and doing it. I have lots of friends that would not go because they would have thought that it would have been to much work.
Whoo hoo!! glad it was a good experience!! Proud of weston for making it through!! I still have hard times sitting through plays and stuff ;)
That sounds really fun. I'm impressed that Weston sat through it and even had fun! Yay!
Too Funny! I loved Weston's comments! We brought the kids to "Beauty and the Beast" which they loved, but now any ad for any play, they HAVE to go yo it... sheesh!
That is cool he did so well.
What a fun outting! That is nice that Weston got to go on a "grown-up" date with MOm and Dad too. I loved his reaction of the whole thing. He is so funny!
That looks like so much fun!
What a big boy Weston is now. Three is SOOO fuN!
I love what you did for his party by the way. You are a fantastic mom. I have not seen black writing icing anywhere either. I only found some in the cake decorating/craft section of walmart that you had to buy in a pack with a dozen other colors. It was the kind you have to mix with frosting and put in a decorators bag. If you find any... I want to know too!
Post a Comment