Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Whole Week!

I can't believe I haven't posted for a whole week. I apologize. Things have been pretty crazy. We had a really nice Valentine's Day weekend. I had to go to a really long (3 hours) ward conference leadership meeting Saturday morning, so Ian stayed with the boys and took them to the mall to buy some See's for our Valentine's evening. When they got home I made heart shaped pb&j for lunch. Weston thought it was awesome. I also brought the boys home mylar heart balloons. They were a big hit. Davin was fascinated for 20 minutes at a time and Weston just ran back and forth through the house pulling his balloon behind him. He also called himself the balloon man, of course.
I finally got the carseat thing taken care of from my rear-ending accident. It turned out to be a pretty sweet deal. Davin needed a new carseat since he is pretty much done with his infant carrier, so that was on the list to buy, but with the accident the insurance paid a portion to replace both carseats. I got both the boys new carseats and ended up paying just $70 out of pocket for both. Anyway, Ian installed the new carseats on Friday night, so we had 2 huge boxes all weekend. Weston pretended they were rockets, but mostly just hid in them.
Ok, so back to Valentine's Day. That evening I made Weston heart shaped pancakes for dinner and then let Weston open his Valentine gifts from me and Grandma B and Grandpa Bob. After the kids were in bed I made spaghetti with mizithra (a fav dish of ours from Spaghetti Factory) for Ian and I. We ate by candlelight with no interruptions. It was great. We had rented this movie to watch while we enjoyed our See's. It was one of the worst movies I have ever sat through. So slow and disjointed with a horrible ending. Oh well. It was still a nice night.

So then we had Ward Conference on Sunday where I taught YW and sang with the choir. In the midst of all of this we have ALL been sick. Davin and Ian have had it the worst. Weston and I have mostly just been congested. Monday we took both the boys to the doctor just to make sure it was just a cold and not ear infections or strep. Davin still had a little bit of an ear infection, so he is back on an antibiotic and I am doing his inhaler again. Weston is pretty much fine. Hopefully we will all be in good shape by the time we leave for California on Friday.

As most of you know we have been thinking about selling our house for awhile now. Well last week we talked to our mortgage broker to see about getting approved for a new loan before we put our house on the market. All was well on that end, so this weekend Ian brought home the nice camera and we took pictures of the house. We finally got a hold of our realtor on Sunday and he sent us a list of comp homes on the market right now in our area and a list of homes that had recently sold. Unfortunately they were pretty much ALL under what we are trying to sell our house for. Long story short, we have decided we need to wait. We are not going to be moving for a few more years at this point, so no more questions about it. I'm a little bummed, but at the same time excited for the house projects we will now do and the possibility of getting a new car.

Yesterday we spent the day running some errands and then met up with my friend for lunch. They came over to play after lunch and spent the evening with us. After dinner Dawnie and I went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was so fun! I loved the movie, even though it was different from the book in a lot of ways. Isla Fisher was awesome as Becky. I hope they make another movie using the other books in the series.

So, yes. We have been busy. This is what Weston is doing right now. Literally. Davin is doing the opposite (screaming in his crib) even though he is equally exhausted. Sigh.
Anyway, I am going to take the car to get the oil changed tomorrow and then pack up and we will be hitting the I-15 on our way to CA on Friday afternoon. I will try to post while we are gone, but I make no guarantees, so at least there will be a good excuse for my absence from the blogging world this time, but rest assured I will have lots of fun stories and pics to blog about when we get back. So long!

11 comments:

Tasha said...

Yea for a post!! It sounds like you had one busy (and sick) week last week. I am glad to hear you had a good Valentine's Day. :) Good luck getting packed up for your trip. I am sure your family cannot wait to see you. What day are you going to Disneyland. We are going on Wed. for a few hours for my birthday. (I really hope at least. If it is too cold or raining I can't take Chase so won't get to go. I am hoping I get to!) Good luck with the drive!

jilljohnson said...

Looks like you had a great and busy week. We almost bought that same carseat but since Andrew is so close to being 1 we got him one that goes into a boster seat too instead. About the Treehouse it is $4 for adults, $5 for children and 1 and under are free. If you go to the website there is a coupon that you can print for a $1 off a childs ticket they do not work for the adults ticket price. Have fun in Cali and say Hi to all your fam for me.

Anonymous said...

You saw Shopaholic??? We should have seen that together while you are here, oh well. We'll still plan fun things to do. Sorry about the house :-( Happy about the car :-) Saturday will be here before you know it!!

Tara said...

alright, where do I start?
-we also got see's chocolate, mmm
-that's cute you got your kids valentines... I had kenz make valentines for other people but didn't even think of getting her one myself, oops
-the car seats look very sleek and cool
-I heard good things about p.s. I love you, and I think I saw it and can't even remember it so I probably agree with you
-I'm bummed for you about the house thing... I do know how you feel. I want to buy a new house so bad and I've gone through some periods where I really thought Justin would come around and agree with me on it, but it's just not the right timing for us either. so we will continue to be humble and hopefully we will both get new cars soon! (we really are planning on this weekend)
-ok that's all! have a great trip to california!

Shawni said...

I loved the movie P.S. I love you....haha I guess it is all about one's perspective.....And I for some reason like depressing love stories. Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's. I was busy working on my thesis...story of my life.

Liz Smith said...

hahaha...i remember seeing P.S. I love you....weird and depressing. we had a similar experience when we watched nights in rodanthe on valentines day. it's a good thing we like being with our hubbies so it makes sitting thru dumb movies fun anyways. :)

Jared and Delia said...

Tis the season to be sick! We are all sick too...Owen and Jared are the worst though and Reid and I are almost fine.

You made out really nice on those car seats! That is awesome.

Heart shaped PB and J is such a good idea and easy too. We will have to remember that.

I was less than impressed with that movie too...and it was so highly recommended to us. I am glad I am not the only one who didn't LOVE that movie.

Have fun in CA!

lisa said...

oh man i hated that movie (p.s. I love you). She's a great actress and all, but totally not right for a romantic comedy. If that's what that was... you're the only other girl I've talked to that didn't like it, so it's nice to have some company :)

Liz Hine said...

Enjoy your vacation.... it sounds like you've been busy enough to deserve one... wait what did I say, you're a mom so you ALWAYS deserve a trip! Be safe and give me a call when you get back and we'll have to get together its been too long!

Lana said...

Yeah, I heard from a lot of people that that movie kind of sucked...Thanks for your comment on my blog. As far as being content, it depends on the day (or hour of the day...). Life is crazy and hectic, but good (most of the time :) ). Have fun in California, I"m jealous! Growing up in SoCal, I never appreciated the great weather utill I experienced gloomy Utah Januaries.

Lindsey said...

PS I Love You was a horribly wretched movie. Ugh, I just hated it! I wish I had warned you in advance! Ha, and I'm glad I get to read your delightful blog now!