Talia turned 9 months on Monday! Today I took her to the pediatrician for her 9 month well visit. She is pretty much perfect. A little on the petite side, but that was expected. Here are Talia's 9 month stats:
Height: 26.5 inches (20
th %
ile)
Weight: 15 lbs. 11 oz. (7
th %
ile)
Head: 70
th %
ile
At nine months Talia is not crawling, but has perfected the art of sitting up and reaching for toys. She still does not enjoy tummy time, and I have my doubts that she will crawl at all. She has three teeth. Her two bottom middle teeth are in, then today at her checkup the doctor noticed her top left tooth had popped through. I guess that explains why she slept in until 8:30 this morning.

Talia babbles and squeals and says "mama" and "
dada." I don't know for sure if she connects them to Ian and I yet, but those are definitely sounds she repeats. She loves her
Duck and Goose books. She also just discovered the fun of the ball popper this last week. Unfortunately Davin also still enjoys the ball popper so it keeps getting pulled out of her reach by her big brother. Speaking of her brothers, man she loves them. They are great with her and she does not like to be left out of whatever they are doing.

Talia is still a fantastic sleeper. She sleeps 11-12 hours straight at night, plus two daytime naps. I love her for it. She is also a pretty good eater. She has not really turned her nose up at any foods I've tried so far (except peas, but who can fault her for that?). She is getting more interested in what we are eating on our plates and wants to be eating at the same time as us.
Sorry for the long, detailed post, but Talia doesn't have a baby book, so if I'm going to remember anything about these milestones and months I have to have them on the blog. To end this little mommy memories post . . . yesterday afternoon I took some video of us just hanging out at home. This is about what its like most afternoons around 5pm. Everyone is a little bored and a little tired, so we all need extra attention. FYI this really showcases Talia's voice (listen for her saying "mama" when prompted!).
We love you Talia!!!
9 comments:
Her little eyes always sparkle! When they measured her, I assume it said, "Practically Perfect in Every Way"!! So glad you guys are having so much fun with her. And don't give up hope yet, she still may crawl!!
What a cutie. You tell her there is nothing wrong with not liking peas. Out of curiosity I looked at Ivy's 9 month stats. She was about the same length as Talia, but almost a full pound heavier.
Shannon seriously, she is absolutely beautiful and perfect. I really can't say that enough. LOVE the pictures!
So fun!! I love the squealing! That IS a girl thing. :) My girls do it all the time. I also love the 'mamama'! Such cute playtime at your house.
Such a sweet age! She's darling!
Oh my goodness, she is absolutely adorable!
She's soo cute. I love the video. I hope she doesn't decide to do that in sacrament meeting! :)
It is amazing that she is already 9 months. She is such a cutie.
I have missed the past couple posts and just wanted to relate to having a busy life...it made me smile. The goods and bads of it all right :) I think we were raised by mothers who taught us how to manage busy lives though right? I am with you...falling in bed by 10pm exhausted. But, it is good having routine. :)
She is so cute and doing so well. We sure miss the kids. She is growing up so fast. The boys are so good with her. What fantastic grand children I have!
Post a Comment