Thursday, February 23, 2012

Playing Hooky

Yesterday I let Weston skip school and I skipped housework/laundry. He had his 6 year old well visit in the morning while Davin was at school. It went just fine. He is getting to be such a big boy and loves going to the doctors. It might be getting time to stop posting his stats, but for old times sake here goes . . .
Weston 6 Year Old Stats
Height: 43 inches (he totally tried to be on his tip toes and almost got away with it!), 15th%ile
Weight: 42.5 lbs., 25th%ile
So he's not huge, but about in the same percentiles as he's always been so growing just fine. Weston got his eyes checked and got to be up on the table like a big kid all by himself to get the rest of the way checked out. I'm so so grateful to have healthy children.

After his doctor's appointment we had to run over to Ian's work so I could sign a form for the offer we got on our house! That's right we finally have an offer. This doesn't really mean anything, but it's the next step in the process, so I'm excited. And it's possible that if the bank approves this offer we could be moving in as little as 30 days (but more likely it will still be a couple months)! After our quick stop off we picked up Davin from preschool. I had planned to take Weston back to school at this point, but it was 60 degrees and beautiful outside and I just couldn't make him go to school.

Instead we came home for lunch and then went to Gardner Village again. Weston wanted to go back to the fun toy shop and get a Webkinz. The boys each got a Lil' Kinz Webkinz at the toy store. Weston picked out a tomato clown fish and he loves having an underwater room for Goldie! Davin picked yet another frog. This time a bullfrog named Sammo. We also enjoyed the best chocolate donuts in Utah at the bakery and picked up some bread ends to feed the ducks. The ducks were hungry and Talia was going crazy watching them scampering around and fighting over the bread. It was great fun and I'm really glad we did it since the warmth is gone and it's 20 degrees colder today.
Things kind of devolved with the kids' behavior around dinner time, but it was still a nice day. Last night I got to have a girls' night in watching Once Upon a Time, which was great. And Ian came home! I slept so much better with him here.

Today it was back to school for Weston. Davin and I just hung around catching up on laundry and housework and playing. I even got a nap! Davin and I did the Mater puzzle, played Cars, and watched Cars 2. He's kind of of obsessed with it right now. I am feeling so happy with my little stay at home mom life right now and I'm going to enjoy that feeling since it's kind of rare. :)

7 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

So fun! Awhile ago I caught you would be moving, but somehow I missed the why and where?

Tara said...

Yay for the offer! I hope the bank accepts it! And you are a cute mom, your kids are lucky. :)

elizabeth said...

Thanks for the update on Weston. I'm grateful you have healthy kids too. Is it 42 or 48" to ride rides at D-land?? I can't remember. He's either made or still has one growing to do. Still keeping good thoughts that the bank accepts tyour offer!! Have a great weekend!!

Kate said...

Yea for an offer! Where are you moving? You're a super fun mom. You have lucky kids :)

joyous said...

It's a good thing you record all these fun things. You will have proof when your kids are teenagers and think you are no fun at all. Just pull out the blog book and say, "look!" Heehee. Love Davin and the Mater puzzle. Rachel seriously just finished do a big Bug's Life puzzle. Hope your weekend is just as great as your week was!!

Emilee said...

My best memory of my childhood was a warm day when my mom let us all play hooky from school. Keep us updated on the house situation.

Lori said...

You'd better find a rental over here by me. :-)