Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Davinism

Not a whole lot is going on around the Bowles house these days. We spent the weekend recovering from being sick. Saturday after doing some packing we finally got out of the house for a little bit. We went and drove around different neighborhoods where I have seen houses listed for rent to get a feel for the areas. **No news on the offer yet, but I'm keeping an eye on the available rentals in case we end up needing to move in a hurry. It was great fun. We took the kids to eat at McDonalds too. It was ghetto and I regretted it a little, but it's their favorite place and they did have fun running around.

This week I am watching my friend's daughter while she and her husband are out of town. Not full time, but a good chunk of the day, so I've been hanging around the house even more. Ian is going to OR/WA this weekend to represent our family at our niece, Noelle's, baby blessing, so it's just going to be a long week. I am trying to keep the house tidy and not fall into being a complete lazy bum at home all day. I also need to come up with some stuff to do with the kids this weekend. Anyone want to play?

And finally, the title of this post, Davinism, really is relevant because I wanted to share a couple of my favorite things 3 year old Davin says that are so stinking adorable. With his 4th birthday rapidly approaching I know his days of cute preschooler speech are numbered, but I can't help hoping he never grows out of them.

-Whenever I ask Davin what he learned at school or church he, without fail, replies, "I tant (can't) know." He says this other times too. I don't think he has ever said "I don't know," but I love his little mistake.
-When Davin tries to explain something that happened in the past he almost always says it was "lasterday." It's so cute and funny.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

I do miss that cute little boy. I forget that we have this great technology called facetime. Let's use it a little more often. It was fun seeing you and the kids, even for a second the other night on Jules' phone. Give Davin a love for me!!

joyous said...

Such a serious little face on that picture. He really is a cutie and I do love the way he talks too!!!

Pamela said...

This Saturday I'll be solo parenting too. I think we'll hit the cheapo theaters and I found TV dinners on sale for a dollar. The kids think TV dinners are the funnest meal ever. I'll be the cool mom for a day ;)

I love, love, love preschool speech, too! Zander always says "her" or "him" when he should say "she" or "he". For example,"Her took my book!" Justin tried to correct him and I told him to leave him alone because I want preschool talk in my house for as long as possible!