Thursday, March 7, 2013

Catching Up

As promised . . . a catch up post!  Last week was super busy and I felt like we were gone a lot.  Because we were.  Here's what we were up to.

Saturday (the night before the Oscars): 
Eating great food at Brio on our shopping date.  Ian needed new jeans before his trip to San Francisco so we made a date night out of it.  The bruschetta sampler was the highlight of the meal.  The actual entrees were not bad, but not amazing.  Definitely would rather spend that kind of money at Faustina.  However, I would go there again just for the bruschetta.  Yum!  Oh and Ian found jeans that fit nicely on sale at Target.  We also popped into Jos A. Bank to exchange his white shirt from Christmas where he also picked out a new tie.  Shopping and dinner seems to be our new normal date night.
Sunday: The Oscars . . . see my post about it earlier.

Monday: 
We went out to Red Lobster with Melanie and Brad to celebrate Mel's 25th birthday!  We had a great time and Mel had lobster for the first time.  I ate a ton of shrimp.  It was great.  I loved getting to see Mel on her birthday and give her big hugs.  The kids made her cute cards and I brought her a little bunch of pink tulips.  We celebrated for real over the weekend.
During the week:
The kids were generally adorable.  I can't get enough of Beckett's cute smiles!  He is almost always happy.  He got some new clothes recently so I've been having fun dressing him in his new outfits.  


Talia can't get enough of the dinosaur museum.  She would go there every single day if I would let her. So naturally when I asked her where she wanted to go after we took Davin to school one day she picked the "seum!"  She pretty much just runs through the whole thing.  Her frequent stops are the rocks and drums in the sound exhibit, multiple walks through the star room, playing in the cave, the dino scale, sitting on the baby triceratops, seeing the giant turtle and crab in the ocean room, the shark, and the Elephant Bird egg.  

I got my craft on and made a floral spring wreath!  I had fun browsing Michael's and picking out my supplies then spending one afternoon naptime putting it together.  I think it turned out pretty and makes my house feel hopeful that it will eventually be colorful and warm again.

I ran errands.  Of course.  I braved Walmart and Sams Club with both Talia and Beckett.  Talia was such a good girl and helped with Beckett sitting up in the cart.  It was fun to spoil her with a new toy.  She was in love with this puppy in nursery, but now she goes to a different nursery class.  She still talks about the puppy though.  It was on sale and I had a coupon and she LOVES it!  :)
It actually did warm up enough this weekend to play outside!  Ian grilled.  Twice.  And Talia rode her trike and played in the backyard.  She is now obsessed with going outside.  It's going to be a fun summer for her.  And once again I am so grateful for our fenced backyard!
We squeezed in another date night to a BYU gymnastics meet with our friends, the Matagi's, on Friday.  We had a great time being back in Provo and reminiscing about our college days.  I love watching gymnastics and we had great seats.  We will definitely have to do it again sometime.

Saturday Mel and I had a super awesome girls night to celebrate her birthday.  We went to Chipotle for dinner.  Then headed over to the mall for pedicures and some shopping.  We had great shopping karma!  I came away with a spring skirt, cute necklace, and fun sandals.  Mel and I got matching shirts and shorts because we both have good taste.  :)  She also got another top, a scarf, and cute flats. We ended the evening with a red velvet mini bundt cake.  So delicious!  I sure love having Mel close by.  She is so much fun!  Happy Birthday seester!

Luckily Sunday was low key and this week has been a lot less busy.  I'm kind of enjoying the down time.  

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

How ironic that we both were returning our Jos. A Banks shirt this week. . . just exchanged Dad's today ;-) Just a smidge late. Also, I love bruchetta! Next time I come for a visit we'll have to go get that bruchetta sampler. . . yum, yum!

Alyse said...

Yay for a good week.love seeing Beck's smile!

joyous said...

So, so fun!! What a busy, great week. :) Love all those cute kids and I'm glad you and Mel were able to celebrate her birthday in style!

Shan said...

That wreath turned out so well! I can't wait for Spring...and we didn't even have snow this winter!

Kate said...

Your wreath turned out way cute! Your baby's pretty cute too. Way to go making cute stuff Shannon! :)

Lana said...

Love your wreath. Way to get your craft on! :)