Monday, March 11, 2013

Talia's 1st Haircut

Last week I took Talia to get her first haircut at Cookie Cutters. It was kind of nice not having to do this until now because she is old enough to understand what is going on.  And old enough to understand the concept of bribery.  The boys got their first haircuts when they were one or younger and it was harder.  I still wasn't sure how Tal was going to do with someone else combing and touching her hair, but she was a champ.  She didn't particularly love it but she didn't cry or scream and she held relatively still.
BEFORE:  

Talia probably didn't need a haircut and I could have waited, but I thought her ends looked kind of scraggly and needed to be evened up.  Her hair doesn't look much different since I only had the stylist take half an inch off the bottom and layer it a tiny bit.  However, I think it makes her curls a little bouncier and it makes the ends look healthier.



Talia loved the fun play area and the slide.  She picked the blue car chair to sit in and watched Jake and the Neverland Pirates while she got her hair cut.
AFTER:

She also got to get a cute french braid twist style at the end.  She looked so pretty and loved her blue balloon and blue sucker.  Can you tell her favorite color is blue?  I blame it on having so many brothers. :)  I'm glad that it's done and she won't need another cut for several months.  Girl hair is easier than boy hair in that regard, but harder than boy hair in every other way.  Hooray for a successful first haircut!

2 comments:

Shan said...

She is such a cutie! I'm glad it was successful!

elizabeth said...

So blue's her favorite color, huh? That's too funny!! Love it!!!