Prepping for our Pacific Northwest trip stressed me out. So many days and so many different places. I didn't know where to start. I finally got everyone's stuff gathered up though. I even managed to figure out a decent system for our days where we stayed just one night somewhere. I packed a separate bag that was our "overnight bag." It had diapers and wipes in it all the time. Before we left to go stay one night somewhere I would pack each person a change of clothes, pj's, a bathing suit, and underwear. It made it so much easier to only have to bring a couple bags into the hotel rather than our entire van load of stuff.
We left for our trip on Friday, August 2nd. We didn't get on the road super early since we only had about 9 hours of driving that day. Plus we got the hour time change in our favor. The kids did really well in the car. They all plugged in and played on screens or watched movies. Beckett slept a lot. Poor baby Beckett was not feel good, but he still was a pretty happy baby in the car.We stopped in Burley, ID for lunch and then again just outside of Boise, ID at the nicest rest stop I have ever seen. It was like a park and the bathrooms were way nicer than most fast food restaurant bathrooms. We stayed and played there for about half an hour and let the kids run around and stretch.
We made it to La Grande, OR around 5pm. We checked into our crappy little motel (it was dark and old and smelly) and changed into bathing suits. The kids thought it was great. They jumped on their bed and were super excited to swim. The pool was actually pretty nice. I kept Beckett out of the pool though because he was still running a fever. Talia thought it was the greatest and kept saying "Dis is so awesome!" :)
Beckett had a fever on Thursday but I didn't take him to the doctor because he was also getting a molar and I didn't really think he was sick. By Friday night I was getting a little worried about him since he was still really warm and had been on Tylenol around the clock. It seemed like his fever wasn't going down with the medicine. We looked up an urgent care place in town after dinner. It was closed, but the doctor told us he would come in to check Beckett out. It was really nice of him. He came in and unlocked the place in his flip flops and shorts (he had been at home when we called). Beckett appeared fine. No ear infection, no sore throat. The doctor thought he might have a urinary tract infection that was causing the fever. I still thought it was the teething. I headed up to the hospital lab to get a urinalysis done on Beckett only to find that the lab was closed. Beckett and I had both had it by this time and we were so tired, so I just called it a night. The kids all slept well in the hotel room and in the morning Beckett's fever had gone down. I figured if I was still worried when we got to Seattle then I would find a lab there to get the test done. Long story short the fever went away and he was fine. Just getting all 4 molars at once. Bad timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment