It's a new year and you may have noticed how much I slacked on blogging this past Fall. I got hung up on our Legoland trip and couldn't seem to get anything done after that. I plan on finishing up the detailed posts about our trip then transitioning to a new blog style for this year. I will be blogging monthly family updates with less pictures. I still love having the blog to act as my journal, but I just don't have the time to sit and post as often as I used to.
Speaking of having the time...that is one of my goals this year, to be more wise with my time. It's weird to think that this season of my life is going to end in just a few short years. Then my days of being home with little people will transition to going back to school and/or work (while also helping with homework, chauffeuring to activities, etc.). I am trying to simplify.
I love the "fresh start" feel of the new year. I like setting goals too, even if I don't always stick with them. It helps to refocus and strive to do better and make positive changes. This year is a big year for goals. Here are my resolutions for the year.
Physical:
1. Cut back processed foods/sugars
2. Eat more veggies (always having to work on this one since I don't really like veggies)
3. Go to more group fitness classes (trying to make it to at least two each week)
4. Try new healthy recipes
Spiritual:
1. Read the New Testament
2. Pray more often and with more sincerity
3. Have daily morning devotionals with the kids before school (scripture, discussion, prayer. I'm using THIS series)
Home/Family:
1. Put my marriage first. Give it my best effort, not just my leftovers.
2. Less TV/Screens. For everyone.
3. Keep the basement organized.
4. Discuss family finances regularly (We are following Dave Ramsey's plan. Main goals are: don't incur any new debt, pay off all debt this year, monthly zero based budgets, weekly check ins)
Personal:
1. Be a more generous person. Look outward to find ways to serve and love.
2. Take better care of myself (make appointments for dental, physical, OB/Gyn, optical, lasik consult, etc.)
3. Don't yell.
4. Be more flexible. It's ok/normal to not have everything in control all the time.
5. Use time wisely.
In other news, I got to kick off my year with a "fresh start" hair cut and color. I am loving having short hair again! :) I'm hopeful that 2015 is going to be an amazing year! We have big plans for fun and family!
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago

2 comments:
I like trying to make goals for the new year too. How do you plan on working on the not yelling one? I struggle with that one. I'm not good at it now, but when I'm trying to eat more veggies, I like signing up for a co-op where you get a random box of in season veggies. It motivates me to try to use them and find new recipes for them.
Seriously the hair looks great and I'm always in LOVE with that scarf!
Post a Comment