We did get to enjoy some really beautiful weather in April. The end of the month was when the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point started. I always love visiting the gardens during Tulip Festival. I randomly decided to head over with just Talia and Beckett one morning when we needed to get out of the house. It was such a fun visit! It wasn't too crowded. The weather was so nice. There were fun kid activities out down near the pond, so Tal and Beck got to play on the bounce houses and make pinwheels. They got along and were really cute the whole time. It was just one of the magical, fun mornings.
The boys' school held a Walkathon fundraiser. The boys got sponsored by their grandparents and aunts and uncles to walk/jog. I was really unsure about how it was going to go since it had been raining a lot the week before. That Saturday morning was a complete nightmare getting everyone out of the house. So much whining and no one would get ready when I told them to. I seriously debated about going at all. We did manage to get there and had a great time. We got checked in and got the boys' shirts, then had pancakes from the free pancake breakfast.They had a few other activities going on besides the walking. The boys took off running and ended up doing awesome. Davin ran 14 laps and Weston ran 12. They took breaks to get their faces painted and to play parachute. There was also a hula hooping and jump roping area, the playground, and prize drawings every 15 minutes. I thought it was a great fundraiser and a fun family outing!
A few first in April . . . I taught my first sharing time in Primary since I have been in the presidency. It went pretty well. The kids really loved this block building activity we did one week.
Davin had his first track meet. He was so excited that he skipped to each event. He did the javelin and ran the 50m, 100m, and 200m races. :)
April 28th marked one month since the Harding's lost Tui. They established a cute program to spread smiles and Tui's love of superhero's called Tui's Treasures. That evening we headed to the Tulip Festival again all together and hid a treasure there. I have big plans to hide treasures as we travel this summer too. If you want to participate check out the details here.
The Tulip Festival in the evening was great. The only bummer was that the kids' activities were all closed. The boys were a little disappointed, but overall we had a great time running around the gardens and feeding the fish. It really is so beautiful.
Finally a couple random pictures. Beckett loves to watch shows in the morning. I found him watching tv like this. Haha.
I bought the seeds for my garden planters. I'm going simple this year and only planting herbs, zucchini, summer squash, and cucumber. Hopefully they all grow well and we get to enjoy some fresh produce this summer.













No comments:
Post a Comment