Thursday, May 19, 2016

Spring Break 2016

Spring break this year was seriously the best. We were all ready for a break! I was feeling kind of bad that I didn't have anything fun planned, but we ended up with a perfect balance of outings and hanging at home/with friends. We mostly did free outings, but things that we don't do often. 

On Monday afternoon we went down to Provo for a BYU baseball game that our pass of all passes got us into for free. It was the most crowded I have ever seen a baseball game, but we had a blast. The weather was perfect. The kids weren't suuper into the game, but we got snacks and watched Cosmo and even managed to get a little face time with Cosmo on our way out. We lasted until the 7th inning before everyone was ready to leave.
Tuesday after lunch we headed up to the Tracy Aviary. It's included on our Pass of all Passes too for $1. Can't beat that! I love the aviary! There are so many fun things to do and lots of animals to see, but it's small enough to do the whole thing in a couple of hours. Again, we had great weather! After we finished up at the Aviary everyone was still being good and wanted to play at Liberty Park for a little while. I let the kids run around and play. I ran into a friend and got to visit with her for a bit before we left and got Slurpees on our way home. It was a good day.
Wednesday was a stay home day. I watched my neighbor's kids all morning while also shuttling Weston around the neighborhood while he cleaned out people's cars as a little business! He had so much fun advertising and working hard and earning money. That started over Conference weekend when I had him help me clean out the van while the seats were out. He liked vacuuming and cleaning the windows. I told him that lots of people would pay him to do that for them. I put out a little ad on our neighborhood Facebook page and he ended up doing about 15 vehicles during spring break. Davin spent some time working on his crafting projects he got for his birthday. He did a couple of clay kits. I love how much he loves creating!
Thursday we needed an outing, so after lunch we headed down to Orem and tried out a new play called The Bounce House. I had gotten admissions on Groupon for pretty cheap. It was awesome! The place was practically empty, it was clean and my kids could do almost all of it by themselves! We all just had SO much fun! I texted Mel that she should come over and meet up with us there and let Wilson play, so she came too. The big cousins were so helpful following Wilson around and helping him play. I'm so glad we splurged a little on that outing. It was a blast! I went back and bought more Groupons to go back during the summer. :)
Friday was another home/clean cars day. The kids had fun playing with friends and watching movies and having some good down time. I was so grateful that we had a break and the week went SO well. I couldn't have asked for better behavior from the kids. It gave me real hope that we will be able to get out and play this summer! It helped too that Beckett only naps every other day. Some days we stayed home and he napped and other days we could go on outings after lunch and he was fine. Hooray for playing and resting from the daily grind!

No comments: