Our holidays have officially begun. I am packing as we speak (type?) for our trip to Oregon for Thanksgiving. Ian just left to pick up Aly from the airport where her shuttle from Rexburg dropped her off and then bright and early tomorrow we will begin the trek to OR. I am a little concerned about Weston and the 13 hour drive, but he doesnt have a lot of choice, so I guess I will have to just hope for the best.
I spent half my day getting the car in decent shape to make the drive. I thought I just needed an oil change and a car wash, but when I got out at the car wash and walked to the other side of the car, I noticed a push pin sticking out of the tire! So I took it to Les Schwab to have them patch the tire and rotate the tires while they were at it. When I went back after work to pick it up, it wasnt ready and waiting because apparently 3 of the 4 tires were not in any condition to be driven on due to my car being VERY out of alignment. We got the pleasure of having to buy new tires and pay/wait for the alignment to be done. I sat and waited for 2 hours while Weston was stuck at daycare. Finally Ian picked him up and came to relieve me from waiting, but the car was finished right then, so we hit the Taco Bell and then came home to frantically pack and bathe the Weston so he could get to bed.
My day has not exactly turned out as planned, but I think that we will still make it to OR tomorrow and I am actually really grateful that I noticed the tire issue before we were in the middle of nowhere in the rain and had a blown tire. Anyway, I will post pics and video of the trip when I get back. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
6 comments:
What fun cars are! Hope you guys have a good trip. :)
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
13 hours...you guys are so brave!! 8 Almost killed me!
Happy Thanksgiving!
awww i hope you guys have a great trip! and a hppy thanksgiving!! Can't wait til christmas!
Good luck . . . and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! That reminded me that we need to have our car looked at before we go anywhere .. . YIKES! And we leave tomorrow. Hmmm . .. I think I will be emailing Brian next considering that he has the car. Have a wonderful trip!
shannon! i was on john and amy's blog and am so happy i found your link! how are you? i can't believe weston is so big! he is adorable!! and congrats on baby #2! happy thanksgiving!
Shannon!!! i made a blog!
Post a Comment