Monday, April 14, 2008

Fun Times

Grandma B and Grandpa Bob came to visit last weekend and we had a fabulous time! It was all that we were expecting and more. They got here on Thursday afternoon before naptime and stayed until Sunday morning. Thursday was my dad's birthday, so we decided to go bowling and get pizza and then do cake and ice cream at our house. It was really fun to bowl and luckily we got there early enough to actually get a lane. Grandpa Bob got a fun new knife block for his birthday. Friday we had a visit from Aunt Barbara and Uncle Terry and Jessica. It was fun to see them too. Then that afternoon Mom and I went shopping which is always a blast. My mom and sisters are the best shopping buddies ever. I feel incapable shopping without them and therefore have to wait until someone is in town visiting me to shop. :)
Anyway, we left the boys home with my dad while we did our outing and then that night we went swimming over at the hotel. Weston hadn't been swimming in a big pool since before we moved into our house, so he was a little cautious at first but ended up having a great time. Saturday we went to Gardner Villiage and shopped some more, saw the animals at the petting zoo, had a pony ride and ate lunch. It was great and completely exhausted Weston. That night we went swimming again. Grandma B and Grandpa Bob had to leave pretty early Sunday morning so we said our goodbyes Saturday night, but they ended up stopping by on their way out of town to deliver some forgotten stuff. All in all we had a great time playing and visiting and holding the baby. It was Grandpa Bob and Davin's first meeting, so that was pretty exciting. I had a hard time deciding on pics, but here are some highlights.

Right after my parents got here. Weston had been looking forward to it all day.
Grandpa Bob meeting Davin for the first time. He proclaimed him a job well done. :)
Weston bowling with Grandpa Bob.
Grandma B and Weston doing the victory dance after Weston got a spare on the 10th frame!
Weston helping Grandpa open his present.
Weston helping Grandpa blow out his candles.
Grandma B doing pudding finger paint with Weston. This is fun but pretty messy.
The boys playing in the pool.
Daddy and Weston in the big pool. Weston was shivering but didn't want to stop playing.
Grandpa Bob and the boys hanging out outside the quilt shop. Amazingly they weren't real interested in coming inside.
Weston being a cowboy and riding the horse all by himself. He is still talking about it.
At the petting zoo.
By the donkey that hee-hawed really loud a second before. It startled Weston but he thought it was cool.

7 comments:

joyous said...

Woot! I've been waiting all day for the pictures and recap of your fun visit. Weston is so funny. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun...I'm totally jealous. I can't wait to see you guys in person and give lots and lots of love to my nephews!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! By george, we really did have a good time. I made my plane reservation for this summer today!! That's how much I want to come back for more fun. I miss you already.

Love, Mom

alana.rachelle said...

what a fun weekend! that victory dance picture is AWESOME!!! haha and is the petting zoo at gardner village always there? i took the 2 boys i nanny there in october and they loved it but for some reason i thought it was a seasonal thing...? i'm glad you all had such a fun time together! :)

Olson Family said...

awww it looks like you guys all had a bunch of fun!! I cant wait til its my turn! you better save some shopping time for when I come! Its one of my favorite things to do too! Weston is such a big boy now!

monique said...

This was too cute Shannon!
I know Joy already has kids but it's still weird to hear your parents are grandparents!

Love the pictures :)

Kim said...

HOW FUN!!! That is so great! I'm glad your dad was able to make it out here. Also on Friday I'll be up in South Jordan. I am watching Jeff's brother Dillon so his parents can go run the Boston Marathon (crazy kids) so I was wondering if I could swing by. And if you were okay with an 8 year old coming too? If not I can visit another time. Just let me know :) I'll try and call you too I don't know why I'm asking this in a comment oh well I don't want to delete it all now:)

Tasha said...

You are a great hostess!!! You did SOOO much and you just had a baby. You are one amazing woman!! I am glad it was such a great weekend and that you got to have so much fun. Way to go! I loved seeing each and every picture. Yea for time with your parents. I really do think that is the best!