Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference & Westonisms

We had a wonderful Conference weekend. My problem with Conference weekend is it always goes way too fast! We had friends over all weekend, so that was fun. We had a little get-together to watch the BYU-Utah State game. The game was kind of disappointing, but the company and pizza were good. Saturday and Sunday we had the Severinsen's watch Conference with us. We did a big, fun breakfast on Saturday and then just cinnamon rolls on Sunday. Weston was really good during the sessions. He slept through both afternoon sessions and played mostly quietly during the morning sessions. He also came in and listened when the prophet spoke. We ended up having to make paper bag prophets again and do the "Follow the Prophet" march. It was pretty cute.

Davin is in the super cute stage of babyness. He smiles so huge when he sees us. He is rolling over all the time, from his back to his tummy. The problem is that he is not a fan of being on his tummy, so as soon as he gets there he fusses until someone rolls him back over. I am going to have to just let him fuss and learn to roll himself back. Dav is such a great eater too. Hallelujah!

Weston is still a complete and total nut! He does a lot more pretend play now and I love it when he uses his imitation voice. He uses it when he's talking for a bad guy, a robot, a snake, or whatever. He also does a really hilarious imitation of Donald Duck. He is a really sweet, good kid. He got a new haircut this week and the lady there couldn't get over how good he behaved. He held still and didn't fuss or cry. Now he's workin' the spiky hair (when it has mousse in it). Poor Weston hasn't been getting as much blog time lately, so here are a few Westonisms.
As I have mentioned before, Weston is quite a chatterbox. He speaks really well and clearly, for a 2 year old. I love hearing the funny things he says. For example . . .

While I was rewinding Stewart Little 2 so that he could watch it:
"Mom, what's that noise? Is it charging?"

After I walked into the den and he appeared to be doing nothing (aka something mischievous) so I asked him what he was doing:
"I was just looking at that white guy." (our Napoleon Dynamite poster)

This morning when we all settled in to watch Conference:
"I got a bouncy ball to sit on so I can watch Conference."

When he gets off the phone with anybody:
"Bye bye, talk to you later, have a good day."

As for me, I am still loving my swimming. I swear, it keeps me sane. I am excited that I am going to be doing a Master's meet. I am trying to decide what events to enter. I'm not a huge fan of competition, but now that I'm old enough to not let it define me, I think it will be fun. I am trying to make the most of the last few days of warmth here in Utah. I think we will maybe go up to the Aviary at Liberty Park tomorrow. Once the highs are only in the 50's it's time to move to our indoor activities. Sad day. I loved this summer. What were your favorite summer activities this year?

9 comments:

Hilary said...

I love all the toddler speak! Cracks me up what they come up with!

Anonymous said...

LOL oh Weston, that lil nutter cracks me up! Good thing to keep track, they are fun to look back on. :) miss you guys!

Olson Family said...

I am just looking at that white guy.... funniest thing I have heard in awhile. I seriously laughed sooo loud

My favorite thing this summer was longboard (skateboard) or riding my bike at the beach. It had been awhile since I have longboarded after a really bad/embarrassing experience falling... but I got to where I was pretty decent. Now I am saving up for a long board so I can be even better!

Jackie H said...

How big was the bouncy ball he was going to sit on? We did end up going to the game. It was fun. Claire was perfect, Kyle was good except for the last little bit. We got great seats on the south east about 20 rows up.

Our favorite summer thing was to visit the snow shack then watch the monkeys at the zoo (Logan actually has a pretty great zoo with only a $1.50 entry).

I'm so impressed with your swimming. Good for you!

Jared and Delia said...

He does talk well for a 2 year old.

Good for you with the swimming.

Unknown said...

I loved the Westonisms! So cute! I'm going to be sharing the "white guy" comment with others cuz that is HILARIOUS!

I'm really curious about the "follow the prophet" march. sounds like a great idea! Did you just glue pictures of apostles and prophets on paper bags or popsicle sticks or what?

Sarah said...

I love that you have movies you have to rewind! Hehehehe

monique said...

My favorite summer activity was getting my bike fixed and riding around! I'm glad we live in a little pocket of LA that actually gets cold instead of muggy like downtown or the valley.

Anonymous said...

I'm finally reading your blog and I can't wait for you to come. Besides playing with my grandchildren this summer, I'd have to say my most fun and favorite summer activity was riding bikes all over Cape May on the Jersey coast. . .sigh!