On Wednesday of our California trip my mom and I took the boys to Disneyland. It was their first time there. I hadn't been in years either. Our friend, Troy, works there doing the window displays on Main Street, so he came down and met us there to sign us in. It was great because, well it was free, but also because we got park hopper passes and I had never been to California Adventure.
First things first we went to the hat shop and bought the boys their Mickey ears with their names on them. Weston wasn't a huge fan of wearing his, but Davin wore his for awhile and seemed pretty happy about it. We headed to Fantasy Land and got in line for Peter Pan. Weston didn't really get the whole waiting in line thing, but he did ok. Grandma B took him on his first ride and when I got off behind him, he turned around and said "I liked that ride, Mom. I saw Peter Pan with a sword and a crocodile." After that, he was slightly better about the lines. Here is a pic of Grandma B with the littlest mousketeer in line for Peter Pan.

Next up was Dumbo. Weston claims that this was his favorite ride, but I think he really liked Buzz Lightyear the best. Dumbo is always a hit though and Weston and I enjoyed our ride.

After Dumbo, I sat down and fed Davin while Grandma B took Weston on the carousel. Poor Dav was already exhausted and he fell asleep eating and then stayed asleep, so we decided to eat lunch right there at Gepetto's. It was already nice to get a break from the heat. It ended up being 97 that day!
After lunch we hit the potty and then the teacups. Weston was pretty excited about the teacups because we had seen a picture of them on the Disney website the week before. They were actually more fun than I remember them. Next we got in line for the Storybook Land ride. The line there took forever! Oh well. Weston got to sit on the bow of the boat and thought he was driving. He loved that we went into the whale's mouth. "Just like Jonah, Mom!"

When we got off of Storybook Land we put both the boys back in their strollers and walked around to Tomorrow Land. We popped in for a look at the Star Wars padawan (?) training show, which was cute, but there was no place to sit, so we moved on to Buzz Lightyear. There was no line on Buzz so we ran right on. Weston LOVED this ride. He was so excited that he had a gun and tried to shoot all the Z's. He told his Daddy that night "We shot the Zurg. He was a bad guy, but Buzz came and we shot him out!" We went on Buzz again and then I discovered that Dav was poopy, so Grandma B took Weston on Buzz one more time while I changed Davin. Of course as soon as I finished changing him and got all the stuff packed back up in the diaper bag and Davin back in the stroller I looked at him and he was pooping some more. Little stinker. We changed him the 2nd time at the Baby Station by Main Street. It was so cool! They had little pottys for Weston and changing tables and a nursing area with comfy chairs and high chairs and everything you would need for a baby. I also stopped into first aid to get some sunscreen for Davin, since we forgot ours.
That was kind of a nice little break and then we walked over to Frontier Land to go on the Jungle Cruise. It was cheesy as always, but on the way there we ran into Aladdin! So Weston got a picture and his first autograph in his book. Big huge THANKS to Aimee for giving him the fun autograph/photo book and the mickey clicky pen. He loved it.
We were trying to make it to the Playhouse Disney Live show over in California Adventure, so we headed that direction and ended up getting there a bit early. Both boys fell asleep in their strollers, but then we saw Minnie Mouse, so I woke up Weston and he was so excited! He tried to just climb the platform instead of waiting his turn.

Right after that about 100 feet away were Chip and Dale. They were so cute with Weston. Before we got to the front of the line Weston asked "Can I hold his candy corn?" and I told him probably not. So we get up to the chipmunks and they immediately hand Weston the candy corn. He thought it was great. Weston talked to them and they signed his book and we got our picture. So fun.

We had about 15 minutes to kill before the show, so Weston and I hopped on the Monsters Inc. ride. It was pretty cute and Weston likes that movie. The Playhouse Disney show was definitely a highlight. Weston LOVED it. We watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so he thought it was awesome that they were all up there on the stage and we sang along with the songs. Even Davin recognized the music and was bouncing and smiling. I didn't get any good pics there because you can't use flash photography.
After the show Grandma B was ultra brave and took both the boys while I went on California Soarin by myself. The boys weren't huge fans of the Bug's Life rides, but they survived. It was starting to get late, so we headed back over to Frontier Land and went on Pirates. Weston actually really liked it and didn't get scared. Davin didn't cry either. I thought he would because he got splashed. Our last ride was Pooh and Friends up by Splash Mountain. It was kind of weird, but Weston liked it. We were all really tired, so we got on the train and rode all the way back to Main Street to shop before heading home. On our way out we got our requisite picture at the front. Mickey was just starting to light up in this one.

The boys were both so good. No major meltdowns. Davin got in 2 naps. But it was a long day and we were all exhausted. Weston didn't conk out until about 10 minutes into the drive home. He woke back up enough when we got home to eat a little dinner and then straight to bed.

We had such a good time at Disneyland. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Thanks for my mom for going with us and to Troy for getting us in and to Aimee for the fun Autograph package!
8 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun. I haven't been to Disneyland since high school.
Your welcome! Im glad you had so much fun! :)
That's awesome . . . I'm jealous! That's cool you guys got to go do that!
So fun! I can't believe you got in free. That is so nice.
Weston looks like he had a lot of fun.
Disneyland is so much fun with your own kids. I love watching them discover everything you loved about it when you were a kid. I never got to use that baby station though. I will next time! Sounds like a dream!
Okay, not to point out the (I'm sure) painfully obvious but Davin looks like a little boy now. When did he become not a baby? He's too cute. Looks like you had a great time. I'm so jealous. Disneyland is on our roster, but it's waiting until my mother-in-law gets cleared to donate a kidney to her brother in California---we'll have two reasons to visit then.
Yea!! I love the pictures and I'm so glad you guys had a great time.
What a fun, fun day!! I'm so glad I got to take those cute boys to Disneyland!! The pictures turned out darling.
sounds like a blast! I can't wait to take my kids on fun vacations like this!
Post a Comment