I have been really enjoying the nice Fall weather here in Utah. There are always a few weeks of Fall when the temperatures are in the 60's and 70's and the leaves are changing, but haven't disappeared yet, where I really LOVE living in a place that has 4 seasons. It's about 4 months into winter that I hate it. Anyway, the other day Weston and I were playing outside while waiting for Ian to get home from work and I took this picture of him. It was so golden and beautiful.

Despite the gorgeous weather I still have to do the laundry. Sometimes Davin keeps me company.

Davin was wearing this really cute vintage designed 101 Dalmatians outfit the other day that my Aunt Nancy sent for him and it was so stinkin adorable I had to get a picture of him in it. Plus he's just so easy to take pictures of . . .

Last night we carved pumpkins and did the donut cat. Not sure what is up with Weston. This is the face we get when he doesn't want to smile for the camera, but we keep telling him to. I say, good enough.

Let the record show that Weston actually put his hand in the pumpkin 3 or 4 times. He pulled out ONE seed. Very helpful.

After enlisting Alann's help with the final scrape out Weston and I carved our basic, but cute pumpkin. We are proud. It is a sideways jack-o-lantern because when I went to carve it I couldn't get it to stand upright. Oh well.

Not even joking . . . Ian really did use this power saw to carve his Ironman pumpkin. He also stayed up way too late and went to 3 different stores last night in order to fashion an arc reactor so he could go to work today as Tony Stark. Boys.

Our finished pumpkins. Success! I like my pumpkin's pointy teeth. Very spooky.

Today I wasn't sure what we were going to do all day since Halloween festivities don't really start until evening time. I remembered that I saw a sign at Walmart that said they were doing trick or treating there in the afternoon, but I couldn't remember what time. So after Davin's nap, around noon, we headed over to Walmart. I had to go there anyway to return one of Ian's failed arc reactor attempts and also to pick up a pair of baby nail clippers (mine disappeared after my trip). So we did those little things and then had lunch at the little McDonalds there. By the time we were done they had started the trick or treating.
I know it sounds incredibly ghetto to trick or treat at Walmart, but it was actually really awesome! The boys each got a balloon (which they LOVED) with a number tied to it. Every 15 minutes they announced a number and that person won the "cake walk" and got to get a cake. Then they gave you a list of the places where there were people handing out candy. We wandered around the store and found the employees giving out candy. They all thought Weston was adorable and he got a lot of candy. Good candy too, not just the stuff they knew they wouldn't be able to sell. He even got a Lindt truffle! (I ate that one)
It ended up being a perfect Halloween day activity and, bonus!, I got my errand done. We still have one more trick or treating event tonight at the ward trunk or treat and then we will go around our block and be done until next year. Weston is a converted Halloween fan and will probably ask about trick or treating several times in the next couple months. What a fun holiday and season!
10 comments:
the doughnut cat is A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!! i gotta get one of those!
Shannon, I hope you know I will never be able to keep up with your expert bloggerness! You are so on top of it :) What a fun Halloween day! Are you going trick or treating tonight as well? My kids have been wearing their costumes all day and we had a little spooky lunch for their friends today too, complete with eyeball punch and bat BLTs. I just love this holiday!
I love your sideways pumpkin!! Good thing I carved the pirate pumpkin here since I can see how helpful Weston would have been. We actually have your finger nail clippers. . .sorry! But the Wal-Mart outing sounded fun. I had middle school parties and they were great. At least the kids thought so. I always love seeing the family cat kicking around. I think that's the closest we'll get to a family pet :-)
I wish they did stuff like that at our Wal-mart. P.S. I noticed that you got to eat donuts off the cat twice this year. Is that allowed?
I love those awsome green pjs Weston was wearing! Hahah, John loves the Ironman pumpking and Ian's costume!
Walmart?!? Seriously Shannon, you need to get out of Kearns!!! LOL I'm just teasing, that sounds like a very fun outing...balloons make anything cool.
Your pumpkins turned out great too...way to go with the sideways one. I liked Lizzie's this year b/c the pumpkin had all these scars on it, which made it more spooky too. What a fun holiday, so glad you guys enjoyed yours!
What a fun Mom you are! I would have to say I really like your side pumpkin. Very creative and spooky. Love it! I love fall too. Utah fall especially. Enjoy all of it because winter will be just around the corner. Hasn't this summer just flown by? I can't believe we are already heading to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Kind of fun though! :)
Your boys are too cute! I love all the pictures!
Wow, that's cool of your walmart.. I think Brad should make his do that next year. They just handed out candy by the door..Albertsons was lame.. Only like 5 people dressed up!
your little family is SOOO cute!! I loved the doughnut cat!!! that is so cool! I bet the boys had so much fun carving pumpkins!
Post a Comment