Our group today consisted of 3 mommies and 6 little boys! Here are the big boys standing in a wagon.
Now that the ban on using the oven has been lifted (due to cooler temps outside and therefore in my house) I am trying to find some new recipes to try. Specifically recipes that use ground beef or the crock pot. Please please please leave me your favorite crock pot recipe and/or your favorite way to use ground beef to make a meal. The standard lasagna, tacos and meatloaf get old after about 2 months. To reward you for generously sharing your recipes with me, I will post a new recipe that I recently was treated with on my friend, Sheena's, blog. I haven't made it yet, but it is going to be amazing!
Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake (by the famous Paula Dean)

Cake: 1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 egg8 tablespoons butter, melted (yes really , i told you it was naughty!)
Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted (again? YES!!)
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar (yep, a whole box!)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.
Serve with fresh whipped cream.
14 comments:
Ok, your little boys are getting so cute I just want to squeeze them.. even if they were scared of being hugged by a stranger.
Looks like you guys were having fun! I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving! The pumpkin cake recipe looks good. I might have to try that.
You can use ground beef and vegetables to make a stir fry--try shredded carrots, Chinese cabbage, mushrooms, and snow peas with soy sauce. My favorite crock pot meal is simply chicken with Italian dressing! Then you can make red potatoes on the side (potato pearls are quick and cheap if you don't want to cut up and boil real ones). Check out http://greatfriendsgoodfood.blogspot.com/ and look at crockpot stuff!
I am seriously inspired by the many outings you do with your kids and I can't wait to make the cake!
I love the pic of all those squirmy boys trying to hold each other- Weston and Davin are such cuties! And in response to your blog post, I work at Provo Canyon School, which is actually in Orem, strangely enough. That's so cool that you're a rec therapist! Sometimes I think I would've chosen that as a career if I had known about it at the time. You get to do so much fun stuff. The rec therapists at our school do tons of cool stuff, so if you ever wanna start back up, I'd totally put in a good word for you. Fullerton stake girls gotta stick together :)
Great pictures with the big boys and the little boys. Where do you find friends with only boys that age?? Amazing!!
first, the boys are adorable! second, ever made meatballs with your ground beef? I love Swedish meatballs with a sweet and sour pineapple sauce over rice. Not a crock pot recipe, but I'd still be happy to share if it sounds good to you.
ok, yum!! and i love the sets of brothers...blonde, red, brunette...too cute.
Oh my goodness, that cake looks and sounds amazing. I'm going to have to make it this weekend! I've done stuffed peppers a couple of times--you basically mix taco meat, rice and cheese and stuff it in a cleaned out green pepper and bake it. I've also stuffed it with meat, rice and spaghetti sauce. I've also used ground meat in pasta dishes. My mom used to add it to mac n' cheese sometimes. By the way, your boys are cute. And I hope Ian took your hint ;)
Mmmmm!!! I want that cake right now! It looks like you have been up to a lot of fun. That place you went with your friends and all those boys looked awesome. Yeah that you are getting fall weather. I want mine back! (And I mean like 80's that is really all I am asking for). Enjoy your outtings while you can.
So good recipes. Maybe I should email you some of mine since I have couple of good ones. I am more of a throw in the crockpot type person so it is hard to do a "recipe". Some of the recipes I will send you in email are: Texas Straw Hats, Taco Casserole, Meatball stew, hmmm . . . I will see whatelse I can come up with! I use Hamburger a lot and I am trying to do the crockpot more too. A lot of recipes you can put in the crockpot too. I'll see what i can do for you.
Awesome picture of the 6 boys! They are all so close in age, what a fun group :) I'm going to give you my step-dad's famous chili recipe (that I'm making for the party on Saturday) so if you want it, here it is!
1 pound of ground beef (browned)
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped onion
1 can chili beans
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 can jalapeno el pato sauce (green can)
1 can chili el pato sauce (yellow can)
1 can mexican style stewed tomatoes
1 tbsp chili powder- only if you like it spicy ;)
1 tsp black pepper
Brown hamburger and toss in chopped onion and green pepper. Saute it with the chili powder and black pepper. Dump it into a stock pot with all of the canned ingredients. Stir it and then simmer on med-low until ready to serve. (Stir occasionally) Serve with fritos and shredded cheese. It's delicious and it refrigerates AND freezes very well. Hope you like it!
I am SOOOO going to make that cake.. I am sitting here at work and my mouth is watering. Great hahaha but seriously i am in this cooking/baking mood right now. Tonight I am making Aztec Steaks and Baby Bakers (little potato's) Also Aunt Joyce and Uncle Rich got me a George Foreman for my birthday... cant wait to test it out!
Check out http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ for awesome crockpot stuff. I use mine ALL THE TIME (as I am sure you know, since you have rescued me once or twice). I would have to say my all-time favorite crock pot recipe is either shredded mexican chicken or barbecue chicken. The mexican chicken is seriously easy. Put 2 chicken breasts in the crockpot (frozen or not, doesnt matter). Add a chopped onion and chopped bell pepper. Then add either a can of diced tomatoes and some cumin and pepper, or skip all of that and add 2 cups of salsa.I've done it both ways very successfully. The BBQ chicken has more ingredients, but I can look it up if you want.
We don't use a lot of ground beef, but I really like meatloaf. My favorite recipe calls for cream of mushroom soup. I can get that recipe if you like also. I've done it in the crock before, but it ends up more greasy. Ick.
I also cook dried beans in the crockpot, because they are cheaper and healthier than canned, but this way you don't have to watch them.
Post a Comment