Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bad Hair Day . . .

You would think that having all boys in my house would prevent bad hair days, but you should have seen my kids yesterday afternoon. Eek. We spent all morning playing and then they both crashed for naps. This is right after they woke up. Davin has crazy rubbed fuzzy hair all on the side facing the camera and Weston woke up with major faux hawk going on. We even went out later in the evening and I DIDN'T comb their hair! Why? First, I'm lazy. Second, it is absolutely freezing, so I figured they could both wear hats. This worked fine for Weston, but Davin refused to leave his hat on his head. Stinker.
In case you are not currently living in Utah, you should know that it has been snowing and COLD all week. I mean, really cold, like this Saturday the forecast says a HIGH of 19 degrees. That's really chilly. Since this will probably be my first white Christmas, I promised my sister that I would take a picture from the outside of my house. We actually put up some lights for the first time and our Christmas tree is in our front window. You can also see the awesome wreath I made a few years ago and love. You can't so much see the massive icicles we have all along the front of the house, but they are very cool looking.
Today I asked Weston what he wanted to do and he said "go play at the dinosaur playground!" So we decided to brave the mall. It actually wasn't that bad. I did get suckered into waiting 3o minutes to see Santa (again) by my 2 year old. He was a much better Santa and had a cuter background, but it was at the "snobby" mall so you couldn't take your own pictures. No way was I going to pay $20 for 5 pictures of my kids. Lame. Weston just sat on his lap and chatted for a minute, got his candy cane and book and was happy as a clam. Here is a picture of Weston in part of the line.
So, all in all a good day. After our mall adventures where (Ian will be proud) I passed up a shoe sale of 2 pairs for $12, we went and had lunch with Ian. He is working late late hours this whole week, but next week he only has to go to work on Tuesday, then he's off until January 5th! Yay! Two whole weeks to play and have daddy home. It should be nice.

10 comments:

Olson Family said...

2 pairs of shoes for 12 bucks?!?! are you insane?! i wouldnt have been able to pass that up!! I am proud!

p.s. i think westons faux hawk is cute!!

Tasha said...

We have LOTS of bad hair days around here. I think my boys have more bad hair days than I do. :) (Pretty much Tanner has one EVERY day.) I love the whole hat thing too, because I do that with Tanner also. :) I am glad you had a good day.

Emilee said...

Guess what? It's even been snowy and cold here in Portland. Cold is normal, but the snow is freaking everyone out.

I loved seeing Weston's wake up hair--Eli's hair does that all the time.

Tara said...

Weston totally rocks that faux hawk.
Your house looks really cute! Very home-y.
How gay that you can't take pictures of your kids on Santa's lap. What is this world coming to?
Yeah I am not happy about the freezing weather. I hate the hassle of putting on a coat.:)

Anonymous said...

I love the house. Thanks for taking the pictures. I icicles add so much!! Weston looks so excited about Santa this year. He is going to be so cute!! I wish I could see him on Christmas. We are going to get our web cam up so we can talk on Christmas day. I'm bringing home the laptop too. Today it rained ALL day and it was cold. It never got out of the 40's. That's amazingly cold for us. Brrrr!! Tonight I finished the last of the middle school concerts. Tomorrow morning I have WMS singing at the staff breakfast and then dress rehearsal with SCCC and the symphony in the afternnon (I have a high anxiety level for that one!!) The good news is that I had to get a sub for my afternoon middle schoolers so only one more day of middle schoolers this year!!! (I really need a bit of a break from them right now!) Have a great rest of the week.

joyous said...

Yea!! Thanks for the cute house pic. I love your tree in the window and your cute wreath. But 19 degrees is just a tad too chilly for us wimpy Henshaws.....we're glad we got out when we did. I was feeling sorry for myself today because it was a little over 50 degrees. Wah, wah, wah. Hope you survived your evening, it was nice chatting for a few minutes. ;)

And I don't want to hear any more whining about bad hair days from people like you and Tasha!!!

jilljohnson said...

Your family is so cute. I love that my cali cousin is now a utah mommie. We do need to meet in SLC for lunch or dinner.

Kim said...

YEAH! I love when husbands have work off! I don't know what we are going to do for two whole weeks being with each other 24/7... its so rare. Sit and stare at each other. No I have an even better idea let him watch Payton for 12 hours a day he he :) I love the messy hair pic too.

Glen & Kat said...

I love your house...it looks so festive! Maybe next year we'll put lights up on ours. And you made me cold just talking about your weather. I definitely don't miss it.

sara said...

I LOVE your house all lit up with the Christmas tree in the window and with a yard full of snow. Having had our big snow day on Wed. I absolutely fell in love with snow covered everything (except to drive in it, that was a bit scary). I'm glad you're having fun despite the cold weather!