Saturday we had no big plans, but we played in the yard while Ian puppy-proofed it, fixed a sprinkler head, etc. That afternoon we watched the BYU football game which was lots of fun since we completely dominated. Go Cougs! I got a few minutes of reading in too. I started The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's quite the mouthful of a title. So far I have laughed out loud at least 6 times, so yes, I am enjoying it.
The boys both wore their BYU shirts on Saturday for the game. Here's Weston, Ian, and Sammie kickin it and watching the game.
I was a little nervous about the fireside. It hadn't really been announced very much and I was hoping that we would at least get 5 kids to show up. Sunday we announced it in YW and in YW, then I had the Bishop announce it again in Sacrament Meeting. By 7pm there were already 8 kids there! We ended up with 10 youth there, plus a few leaders. It was a little bit of a tight squeeze fitting us all into our den, but it was fine and I was so excited that so many of the kids came. My friend, Jackie, came and spoke about overcoming adversity. It was lovely. She did a great job. There were refreshments after and the whole thing was wrapped up in about an hour. I was so glad it was a success. I hope we can do another fireside soon!
I have just a few more cute pics from the last few days to share. Davin was being all hammy and posing for pictures the other day. I hardly ever get good pictures of him because he won't hold still, but I think he is finally figuring out what the camera is all about.
6 comments:
Seriously, Davin is so cute. Love that he's a little blondie :)
Awesome!!! I'm glad your weekend turned out well. That is so fun. Sometimes I like the small, cozy firesides better. 10 was a great turnout. Is there more room in your den than your living room?
Weston looks tired in that picture with his dad, good job wearing him out! And Davin is such a ham! Too cute. Can't wait to hear about the fair. :)
i love seeing little kids in byu gear...it shows the parents are raising them right! haha. :) i'm a huge fan of the at-home dates as well. it's just nice to be with your spouse and a movie and STILL be able to be in comfy clothes. i've only been to pei-wei once, a long time ago, and i remember it being pretty good. i wish we had more fun take out places near our house.
and of course, ive already mentioned my love for your davin pics...adorable.
have fun at the fair...i love fair food!
Yea for a good weekend!! I love good weekends. They make starting a new week just that much better. Glad it all went so good!
Shannon! Your boys are so handsome & I love your new puppy! She's simply adorable :) (Oh, and Ian's pretty handsome, too!)
Glad you ahd a great weekend. Your puppy is so cute, what a good mom you are.
Post a Comment