Wednesday was my birthday! It snuck up on me this year. I can't believe I'm 27. It sounds so adult. I got to sleep in again. When I woke up Ian asked what I wanted for breakfast and I said a donut! I miss real donuts, so I try to have one when I'm in CA. Ian was getting all ready to take the kids to get donuts when I went out to the dining room and there was the big pink box of donuts already on the table with a Happy Birthday note from my dad. He's the best.
We were lazy and all watched Beauty and the Beast after breakfast. By noon we were finally ready for the day. We went to Target (of course) with Auntie Jules, then we all went out to lunch at BJ's. I wanted my birthday pizookie. It was delicious.
It was not your typical musical. There wasn't much plot to speak of. The lyrics of the songs didn't even really help you understand what was going on because they are all taken from T.S. Elliot's poems written in 1939. But the singing and dancing was fantastic. The story was basically about this group of cats who meet once a year. The purpose of their meeting is to choose the one among them who will be re-born to a new cat life. The rest of the show introduces a bunch of different cats and tells about their talents and personalities. The point being that cats are much like us. Anyway, my favorite parts were the dance sequence in the first act, Grizzabella singing Memory (seriously, goosebumps), and Gus the Actor cat. It was such a fun thing to do for my birthday! Thanks Mom and Dad!
Next trip post . . . beach day! Stay tuned.
8 comments:
Wow...your trip was seriously action packed. I love how fun your mom is! Happy Birthday BTW.
Okay, what's a pizookie? And what constitutes a "real" donut?--since Utah apparently doesn't have them.
wow, i can't remember the last time i went to BJs. That just brings back high school memories. good times.
how awesome that you got to see cats! it came to chicago last year, and we didn't go and i'm still kicking myself over it. If they ever come back i definitely have to go see it...not because im necessarily interested in the plot, but because it's just so classic and has such great music. Im glad you got to go and enjoyed it. :)
and don't worry, your CA posts are not boring. i love them. it makes me remember all the things i love about california. im looking forward to 'beach day'.
Fun stuff!! Your mom looked AWESOME as Cruella DeVille! SEriously. Awesome. It sounded like one happy Birthday too! I was thinking about you :)
Yeah for a fun birthday!! I'm so glad you got donuts. Dad is awesome. I had fun at Cats too. The music was fun, but the choreography was killer cool!!! To be able to dance like that would be amazing.
Love the Cruella! Looks like such a great vacation.
Happy Birthday Shan! Every year St. Patrick's Day comes around i think of you. Funny how we were both named on this awesome day! :) Love you!
like bj's pizza bj's? that is seriously the best pizza i have ever had in my life.....ever! we had it in hawaii! still rave about it! super jealous!
Post a Comment