Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Knott's Berry Farm

Last Monday we spent the day at Knott's Berry Farm. I have lots and lots of fun memories from this theme park because we had annual passes there growing up. We used to go in the summer in our bathing suits and just ride the water rides over and over. The day was perfect. It was almost too warm, 87 I think was the high, but it was nice to be able to wear shorts. It wasn't very crowded at all. The kids mostly just walked on all the rides in Camp Snoopy.

Camp Snoopy was the perfect place for Weston. He could go on all the rides. He thought they were so fun. Davin could go on most of the rides with an adult too. He was a little less expressive about how much fun he had, but I do think he enjoyed his day too. The only ride Davin was not a fan of was the Log Ride. He cried after the big drop. Weston laughed. :) My mom and Auntie Mel came along for the day, which was fabulous because they helped out with the kids. Ian, Mel, and I got to go on a couple big roller coasters. We especially loved walking onto Montezuma's Revenge a couple times. Such a fun ride. It was definitely a successful amusement park day.
The first video is of Weston riding his first roller coaster, the Timberline Twister. As you can tell, he loved it. He said it was fun because it tickled his tummy.

This video is of Davin and Snoopy. Davin was so funny and just kept his chin tucked down in his shy pose and skirted around Snoopy. Finally he got close and Snoopy started petting his head. Apparently he liked that because he would have stayed there all afternoon. The other little girl thought being petted looked like fun too and they both took advantage of the time with Snoopy. The characters at Knott's aren't nearly as crazy-in-demand as the ones at Disneyland.

I'm so glad that we did Knott's this trip. We all had such a good time and it was cheap. If you are planning a Southern California trip and can't afford Disneyland (I mean, who can really?) I highly recommend going to Knott's Berry Farm. Our whole family went for less than $100.

Speaking of deals . . . today I went to Target to pick up my prescription sunglasses. Of course we had to browse (especially since I had a gift card in my wallet), so we got some popcorn and wandered around. Turns out they had racks and racks of clearance. I ended up getting three tops, a cardigan, and a sweatshirt jacket for Davin all for $17.50. Regular price it would have all been $79.95. Deals make me smile.
What is making you smile this week?

7 comments:

Delia said...

I love Knotts! How fun that you got to go. 87 sounds delightful.

Liz Smith said...

yeah for knotts! i miss that place; especially going in the afternoon for half off. good times. great funnel cakes too!

and yay for target finds!!! that's awesome! im heading there today to get my copy of the blind side (loved that movie) so that will definitely be making me smile today. :)

Hilary said...

We went in October once (a bunch of adults) and I swear it was one of my FAVORITE outings in Southern California that vacation, 'cause we just walked right on to every single ride all day long. It was awesome.

Tasha said...

Knotts Berry Farm looked very fun! YEAH! And I too always love a good deal.

Chris & Lynsey said...

We have passes and go frequently with the boys. So much easier and faster than Disneyland. Zach loves it too, especially that Truck one, we have to go on over and over, glad you had fun!

Kate said...

looks like a fun time! Knotts is a fun place. We definetly share a love for Target too.

Mel said...

i'll have to show that video of the roller coaster to jaden. he comments when we pass lagoon how fun that looks, but i really don't know who he would react to it all! what a fun video to have! he'll love that even more someday!