We spent a lot of time outside enjoying the 80 degree weather the last few days of our California trip. On Friday we drove out to
Palmdale to spend the day with the Williams family and Ian's parents. The drive was pretty smooth and we got there just in time for lunch. We spent the day just relaxing and visiting. The boys got to play with their cousin, Preston, and we all got to hold Todd and Jenni's new baby girl, Brooke. She is adorable. I didn't do a great job taking pictures while we were there so I don't have any of us holding her.




Ian spent part of the day on his computer putting together the beautiful program for Lynne's memorial service. I know that was a sacrifice for him to have to take time out of his day with his family to do that. I hope he knows how much it was appreciated. It looked lovely. Both the kids were tired, so we tucked them in to sleep and got to stay a little later visiting. Good times.
Saturday morning Joy and Rachel came back down for Lynne's funeral. It wasn't until the afternoon, so we took the kids to the park before lunch.


Joy and I went to grab In N Out for lunch then we got ready for the funeral. Lynne was such a unique and loving woman. She made everyone feel special. It was a gift. She was the
YW president when I was a teenager and we were friends. I was so blessed to have such wonderful leaders. Even in the last few years she was checking up on me on
Facebook, making sure she got to see me when she was in Utah, and she always held my kids at church when I was visiting in CA. I am so grateful that I got a chance to go visit with her before she passed away. And that it worked out that I could attend, and sing at, her funeral. There was so much love and true celebration of her life there.
I had to run as soon as the funeral was over so I could pack and get to the airport. It was kind of a close call with catching our plane because the line at the
JetBlue counter was out of control. Luckily they made a call for passengers going to Salt Lake and we got to go to the front of the line. The flight home was uneventful, but we didn't get in until late, so we were all pretty wiped. It was nice to be back in our own beds.
Weston came down with a cough/fever thing the last day or two we were in CA. Davin caught it too, so we went to the doctor on Friday and found out both the boys had ear infections in their left ears. Now we are on antibiotics. Hopefully we'll all be healthy again soon! Life has mostly returned to normal. I always have a little bit of "back to real life" depression after a vacation, so last week was a little rough, but I'm determined to make this week better. So far so good. Weston finally went to school today, but this was the last day before his Spring Break, so it doesn't really feel like he's back. It's supposed to be pretty nasty weather here for the rest of the week, but I'm crossing my fingers that it will clear up for the weekend so we can have an outdoor Easter egg hunt on Saturday. I'm missing the warm weather, but I have to admit I still enjoy getting to wear my fuzzy socks for a couple more months. :)
7 comments:
That is definitely a vacation. You guys definitely made the very best of it and filled it with so many fun activities! Sorry to hear about Lynne. I experienced the same thing a few years ago...Sister Keller? It's so hard because those women really become a special part of your life. Hope you're able to adjust back to 'regular' life. That's always hard after vacations!
That is wonderful that the timing worked out for you to be there.
I know what you mean about the nasty weather blues this week. It was SUPPOSED to be nice today but wasn't! I was bummed.
i loved my YW leaders too. I dont know if they realize how much of an impact they have. I remember when my YW president growing up (sis. Keller) passed away a few years ago. It was hard to say goodbye. We were close and I was grateful for her example and hard work during our h.s. years. how awesome that we have been lucky to have such special people in our lives.
You guys do know how to have a good time. I'm so glad that you were there for Lynne's funeral too. It was also fun to see you guys again and seal "Da"'s place in the roll call for Rachel. ;) If only Shannon was easier to say. Love ya and I'm so looking forward to July!!
So we still need to go out for your birthday! Sorry I should have gotten on that last week, things have been a little nutty around here. And now Justin is gone until Sunday. And my kids are sick. So we may be approaching the 27years and 1 month mark, but we will celebrate anyway! So sometime the weekend after this, let's go out.
too fun! so jealous! warm weather rocks! love it!
Yeah for California weather. I really do love it. I am glad you had such a good trip. Sad the boys got ear infections though. At least it was at the end.
Post a Comment