Monday, March 1, 2010

March Madness Giveaway!

I am so excited that it is March! This month marks the beginning of Spring . . . almost . . . in Utah. It is also Davin's and my birthday month! This year it includes the Oscars (this upcoming Sunday in case you didn't know), a birthday trip to California, and my baby turning two! It's a big month in my opinion. We'll pretend that we are celebrating my 389th post too. In order to help make March a little sweeter for you too I am going to host a giveaway!

This month you, my loyal and faithful readers (and anyone else who stumbles across this giveaway), have the chance to win a $10 gift card to See's candy! I love me some good chocolate and See's is by far my favorite. $10 will buy you about a 1/2 pound box of chocolates. Be sure to try the bordeaux, which is my fave. You will also receive a tube of my favorite lip gloss. It's C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine. I also like their tinted mentha glosses, but the lip shine is what's up for grabs. It is so fresh and tingly and even tastes good!

Make sure to share the love and tell your friends about this giveaway too. I will choose a winner on March 10, 2010 at 8pm (or whenever I get my kids to bed that night), so make sure to enter before then! Good luck!

The RULES:
To enter the giveaway leave a comment telling me something you are looking forward to in March. That's it! Don't forget to leave me an email address to contact you if you win.

Extra Entries:
You can earn an extra entry for:
-Blogging about this giveaway with a link back to this post and leaving me a separate comment telling me you did.
-Having a March birthday! and leaving me a separate comment telling me.

I'm super excited to hear what fun things your March has in store and for one of you to win chocolate and lip gloss!

85 comments:

Carly said...

I'm first! Oh how I love me some Sees Candies (and bordeaux are in my top five favorites).

I'm excited because Jeremy's brother gets home from his mission March 9th and that means a trip to Blanding! I haven't been in over a year and I'm needing some good Blanding time. It so happens that his "homecoming" falls right at the begining of Jeremy's spring break... so it won't have to be a weekend trip either. I CAN"T WAIT. Hooray for March!

Liz Smith said...

i love march because i get to enjoy march madness, the NCAA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT!!!! definitely my march obsession! also, im looking forward to baking shamrock sugar cookies and seeing the chicago river dyed green for st. pattys day. definitely a great month!

i love this giveaway thing btw! such a fun idea! i am totally going to do it for my birthday month! :)

John and Laura said...

mmm... chocolate.

Fun giveaway! I love March because it's John's bday (the 17th, even!) and I make a green dinner and dress everyone up in green. Fun and memorable family traditions.

Sharlyn said...

Oh See's candy how I miss it. We don't have it here but whenever we are in Utah or Colorado we get a box! I am looking forward to having this baby in March...only 2 1/2 more weeks. I also love St. Patty's Day Corned Beef and Cabbage.

Sharlyn said...

But my favorite part of March is my birthday on the 7th! :) Yay for March birthdays!!!!

Glen & Kat said...

mmm, it's been way too long since I've enjoyed some See's! I love March because it's rodeo time in Houston!

Olson Family said...

I love March because You are coming to California!! Also Its the 4th annual celebrity look a like party which si always fun! (last year me and jason went as Heidi and Spencer Pratt) This year I am thinking Chelsea Handler unless you can think of something better. I am open to ideas

Delia said...

You are so cute. I love that lip gloss! I am looking forward to walks on warm days. I can't wait for Spring too!

Jordan McCollum said...

MmMMmMMmMMmm Bordeaux. (How does one pluralize that? Isn't the 'x' a plural marker?) Top middle of the photo ;) Not that I had them every special occasion for a few years there....

I'm looking forward the NCAAs (my top two teams in the tournament? Woohoo!!), and an online writing class I'm taking.

Cami said...

Obviously I am excited about welcoming baby girl Kenzie to the family this March! I am so happy about it that I could cry!! And that picture of See's candy makes my mouth water so I really would love to win! In fact she just might come on March 10 so that would be awesome to win on her birthday.

joyous said...

Wohoo!!! I super excited for "Cats" when you guys are down in So Cal. It's gonna be great! I love you!

Tara said...

What?? This is awesome! Now even if I don't win, I think I'm gonna have to go get some See's, that looks GOOD. But winning See's is even better! This month I'm looking forward to going down to Tucson to visit my sis (I just decided). I'll be going at the end of the month.

Amanda said...

What an awesome giveaway! Chocolate and lip gloss are two of my favorite things. When I wanted to splurge when I was in college, I would buy chocolate and/or new lip gloss! So fun.

OK--what I am looking forward to in March? We are currently interviewing realtors and will begin house hunting this month. I'm really excited and hope to look at several homes during the month of March. (And, I hope it doesn't take too long to find what we're looking for!)

Jen said...

Yeah Shannon- thanks. I would love some sees candy right about now. The bordeaux are my favorite!
I am excited for Katelynn's St. Patrick's Day parade at preschool this month.

Jen said...

It's my birthday this month too! I hope Nathan and I ca go the the Getty this weekend.

Hilary said...

One of my childhood memories was of my Mom getting See's suckers in bulk and we'd have 'em all summer. Yum!
I start my third trimester at the end of March! That has me excited!
I also bought my girls super cute St. Patrick's Day shirts real cheap on clearance last year, and lo and behold, the sizing works perfect this year and they'll look adorable. I like that part of March too!

Emilee said...

In March I'm looking forward to my brother coming to visit for a week and the excuses it will give me to get out of the house and enjoy Portland.

I'm also looking forward to sending my awesome sister-in-law a birthday card.

Emilee said...

P.S. I also blogged about this giveaway at: http://emileeandeli.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-need-chocolate.html
because I could really use some chocolate.

I now realize I could have written a nice memory of going to See's with my mom and sisters when I was little, but no, I just chose to focus on wanting to eat chocolate now.

Nora said...

I can't wait till my brother and his family come to visit us at the end of this month! Reagan was beginning to think that the only family he has is me and Michael : )

Tasha said...

I am excited for our year round break. Tanner gets 3 weeks off. WAHOOO! I know, most moms wouldn't be excited, but I sure am! And yeah for it being your birthday month :) I sure love Sees Candy too. Mmmm!

kara said...

Just the other day I was telling Mike how Jules introduced me to See's Candy. We were at the mall and she wanted to get a chocolate bordeaux (which I had never had). It was AMAZING! Thanks to the Olson's for helping me see the light :)

heather said...

shannon! we have the same favorite lip gloss!! and my favorite of all the see's chocolate goodies are the dark chocolate w/marshmellow & caramel in the center, i ALWAYS save that one for last (thought you might like to know).

Jackie H said...

Yeah Giveaway! I love March for the kite flying. (I know, typical and easy answer). We get dollar kites at WalMart and spend our evenings trying to see how high the kite can go. Entertaining for all ages.

Mom said...

I am looking forward to Shannon and Ian and my adorable grandboys coming to visits along with their cousins and auntie and uncle too. In addition, I have a couple potluck middle school concerts with the La Habra ukelele ensemble joining one of them. Who else can say that??? I also have parent conferences AND a trip to Disney Magic Music Days with about 50 middle schoolers. Yes, March is an exciting month!

I think you know how I feel about See's and I am absolutely curious what this lip gloss will do to your father if I kiss him with this on. You should see what happens when I wear Burt's Bees. He starts saying "Oww, oww" b/c it's so "hot". I like the words "tingly" and "taste good". . . .

Universitybabe said...

I'm an "In like a lion and our like a lamb" baby too. Loving that I am still celebrating the 20's. Rebecca--universitybabe at gmail.com

Universitybabe said...

Why do I look forward to March? That would be because I havet his thing about feeling the sunlight on my face and comming in my windows and opening my windows. March means more sun and light to me.

lisa said...

EVERY TIME I walk by a sees candy store, I think of you. NO matter what. A very fitting giveaway! :)

lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

I love March because Davis's birthday is this month. Also because I love St Patrick's Day!! So fun to wear green. :-) It's also the first month of spring.

jessica.bitton@comcast.net

Elaine said...

I am looking forward to planning our vacation for graduation :)

elainehearn@live.com
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

I love March because it means Spring!! (Even though we could still get a snowstorm in MN!) :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Not my birthday, but it was my mom's yesterday so that was great. I'm also looking forward to spring break next week because I'm in college and it's nice to get some time off!!

-Lauren
lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Stacey said...

My birthday is March 21st!

Kathleen said...

I'm looking forward to planting some happy little flowers in March, to replace all of the poor plants that the freezes killed this winter!

Theresa said...

my husband and I are taking a trip!

Angie said...

Both of my kids have birthday's in March, so we celebrate twice this month!!
Angie
rennieangie at gmail dot com

LCG said...

I am looking forward to my business trip to Chicago!

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

I am looking forward to closing on our house and moving in!

--Brandy

Kim L. said...

This giveaway is sweet, literally! :) I am looking forward to prepping for planting and getting out my shovel! And I love planning for Easter Egg hunts for my kids and family! xo

Julia said...

Mmm chocolate. I don't have anything special happening in march this year, but I'm looking forward to trying out our new icecream maker, as soon as we finish making enough room in the freezer to get it in there!

sugareaterATgmailDOTcom

Megan: said...

What a fun giveaway! I'm looking forward to a visit from my parents (the annual trip out!)!

Agnes said...

Well, spring is something I always look forward to, and that officially started this month ^^ I’m just a lot happier when the sun shines :P
Email: sweetfantasystar@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Fun giveaway!! I can't wait for spring and the pretty flowers! I also can't wait till March is over cause I'm going to Hawaii in April ;)

jullpete(at)yahoo(dot)com

Domestic Diva said...

I'm looking forward to blooming daffodils.

Agnes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to going to some awesome shows and concerts with my friends. Thanks for the giveaway!
e.estt[at]yahoo[dot]com

Jessica said...

I'm looking forward to starting a new job in March. I've never heard of Sees but they look pretty amazing!
jjak2003 at gmail dot com

Jayne said...

I look forward to my birthday on the last day of March (yes, 31st!). It's gonna be my first bday as Mrs :-).

Love,
jayne.lee[at]yahoo.com.au

Jayne said...

I just realized there's a separate entry possibility for a March bday! Mine's on the 31st. Can't wait. I'll be 24.

Cherriedesu said...

i'm excited about the march madness all with mardi gras and st patricks day to come! yeah!


cx_ys@yahoo.com

Ware Family said...

I'm excited for March Madness. I'd SO ready to rock it this year!

the.blue.turtle at hotmail dot com

Janie said...

Thank you for your kind words about my jewelry and your words of wisdom regarding marriage! I'm honored that Sandy (www.sandyalamode.com) chose me for her first giveaway on her blog. =)

stephemery said...

March is St. Pattys Day for me... Love it!

Cindy said...

I al looking forward to being done with my 1st trimester of pregnancy and hopefully with that morning sickness. Thanks for the giveaway.

Lynne said...

I am looking forward to my half birthday on March 17th!

Jen K said...

i'm looking forward to going to the SXSW Music Festival in march and hopefully meeting Zooey Deschanel :)

Vittoria said...

i'm looking forward to warmer weather! this has been a brutal winter!

DolphinV27@aol.com

Jolee said...

March Madness, sunshine, a Third Day concert, and a bridal shower. Did I mention SUNSHINE? :-)

Amy said...

I can't wait for spring break and my trip to Graceland!

aaschw (at) ufl (dot) edu

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to some more spring like weather!!! Yay for sunshine!

Miranda said...

Man, a little chocolate and everyone goes comment crazy.
One word: Oscars.
I think you should keep the chocolate for your St Patty/Birthday party. I can't have a St Patty's without thinking of you.

Stacy said...

More sun and better weather.

Charlotte Prescott said...

I am looking forward to getting less chemotherapy in March! After eight months of every other week, it just got changed to every third week! This almost seems like a vacation. Hmmm...time to go find some chocolate to celebrate!

Isabel Z said...

Sunshine--definitely sunshine. It has been a very long winter with two record breaking snow storms back to back so March brings hope that spring is around the corner. OF course, March has been known to bring us some snow too and if that's the case some See's chocolates would brighten the day:-)

isabelzito at verizon dot net

Heidi said...

I am really looking forward to our first rain storm!!!! I can't wait to hear thunder!

writeme at heidimail dot com

sara said...

Bordeaux are MY favorite See's Candy too!!! I am looking forward to going to CA TWICE in March! Happiness to that one :) What a fun blog post! Enjoy your time in CA too!

Kat Dahl said...

Mark and I are going to see The Lion King at the Boston Opera House on St. Patrick's Day. We were kicking ourselves for not going to see Wicked, so we can't let this one pass us up. Mark splurged and got premium seating... center-ish of Row A in the Orchestra level. Sooo excited!

Kat Dahl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hannah Q. Parris said...

I'm looking forward to my 26th birthday this month!

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to my mother's 55th birthday! We're giving her a princess themed party :)

emily.p.britt[at]gmail[dot]com

TheOutspokenYam said...

half_blue_sky@yahoo.com

It's my birthday month too! Mostly I look forward to spring and seeing the sunshine again.

TheOutspokenYam said...

half_blue_sky@yahoo.com

Oh- for an extra entry, I'll mention it again- my birthday is march 14. And my sister's is on St Patrick's day. :)

Brianna said...

I'm looking forward to warmer weather, i'm sick of the cold!

briannabouligny at gmail.com

Amanda said...

I finally posted about it on my blog!

http://sympatichna.blogspot.com/2010/03/fun-giveaways.html

sympatichna@hotmail.com

Heidi said...

Yum! I got here from Amanda's blog.

I'm looking forward to planting our vegetable garden. We may actually harvest some vegetables this year!

Kayla said...

I got here from Amanda Segebergs blog. Thanks for letting me join!

I love March because I get to celebrate my grandma's birthday with her. Last March I wasn't sure if she would be here for another year, but she is and it has been one of the best years of my life. Especially since she let me move in with her to help take care of her. How I love my grandma and love March because of her!

Kayla said...

Oh, and I left a comment on my blog about this. Thanks for the fun giveaway!!

(My blog is private, but it's on there, I promise! http://kaylarae4.blogspot.com/)

Jessie Nielsen said...

This is so fun! I love your blog!! I would love to join in...

I love March because on the 28th there is a little known holiday... it is "Something on a Stick Day"! This means I will eat as many Corndogs as I want and not feel bad about cheating on my diet! After all it is a holiday ;)!!! (jessicanielsendesign@gmail.com)

Emily B. said...

I am excited for the time to get the garden planted and for all the giant tulips that I planted to emerge and give us some spring color- YAY Spring!!

emsfs@hotmail.com

Lydja said...

I'm looking forward to have a baby in March!! Boy howdy I can't wait.

Lydiastrait@gmail.com

Leslie said...

Thanks to Amanda for pointing me here! What a great giveaway. March is making me look forward to more daffodils, tulips, and crocuses. Love Spring flowers!

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

I hope I win!! I'm looking forward to LOTS of visitors this March! My aunt and uncle, my parents, my brother and two college roommates! Luckily, not all at once :)

Greg, Linds, and Avery said...

Mostly in March I look forward to Spring...walks in the park and new flowers!

Greg, Linds, and Avery said...

It's also my birthday month! Hooray!! racheallinds@yahoo.com