Today we woke up to snow. We always get late snows here in Utah, but it's still kind of a bummer to wake up to snow when you think you're just about ready to break out the flip flops. We didn't have any plans today. Around 9:30am Weston looked out the window and said, "I guess that means we can't go anywhere." I agreed and said I wanted to spend the day drinking hot chocolate and reading my book. So that's just what we did. I didn't tell the boys to go get their books, they just came to the table with them, so we had a morning snack of pop tarts and hot chocolate while we read our books. Sure it only lasted 20 minutes, but it was fun.

I decided we would venture out to the mall. I needed to get the
See's gift card (if you haven't already entered the giveaway . . . DO IT!), and the kiddos always like to play at the mall. It was a good outing. For some reason I can't get anyone to nap this afternoon though. What the heck? I have high hopes for this weekend's Oscars, so no one call me on Sunday evening . . . unless, of course, you are also watching and it's a commercial break and you just have to comment on
someones dress or speech. :)

5 comments:
I love Oscar night too. I'm practically recording E! all day since they have all day coverage and the entire Red Carpet. LOVE the red carpet. too bad we can't have an oscar party.
oh, and BOOOOO to snow in march. we get late snow too, i hate it. i am LOVING the sunshine right now while it lasts.
That is so sweet how they are just reading at the table with you.
About your comment on my blog: I know...the preschool does a lot of "research" based practices or they are trying things for the sake of research so it is definitely not the "normal" preschool. I had a friend/acquaintance that taught at the preschool and I think it would have been less awkward had she come. Maybe we just got a shy teacher?
Hot chocolate and a good book is one of my most favorite things to do! I'm very impressed that your boys were able to sit, eat and read for 20 minutes. I'm lucky if I get to sit for five consecutive minutes before a little person wants something.
Yea for a little outting admist all the snow :)
Sorry for the snow but the sunshine will come soon enough (right???) :). We are in the middle of a rain storm and I LOVE it! But I'd bet you'd take rain over snow any day. I'm glad you got out for a little outting even if it was only to the store and back.
Post a Comment