Last week Ian took on a rush project at work, so he worked a lot. He ended up working until about 3am Friday night, but we went and had dinner with him at the park and played. Saturday we lost a day on the den since Ian had to go back to the office. In the late afternoon the boys and I took a pizza to his work and ate dinner with him then kidnapped him to see Toy Story 3. It was so great! We all loved it. Both the boys sat in their seats enthralled the whole time. The last 15 minutes made me cry. I highly recommend you take your kids and see it!
We had to take Daddy back to work after the movie, but he got to be home with us all day Sunday. We cooked him eggs and toast for breakfast then let him open his presents. The kids get so excited when there are presents involved for anyone. I let Weston pick out a present for Dad this year and he couldn't wait to watch Dad open his new wallet.
This morning I had a doctor's appointment. I finally got to hear this baby's heartbeat! I always like that. I also got to schedule the 20 week ultrasound. That's always exciting. It's not until next month though, so still a bit of a wait. I'm pretty positive this baby is another boy, but I guess we will know for sure soon enough.
I am doing some Monday cleaning and laundry. It seems like the house is always a wreck by the end of the weekend. Today I actually worked up the motivation to mop the kitchen. It was getting really bad. The motivation probably came at least in part by the fact that my sister in law, Emilee and baby Ivy are coming to visit us on Wednesday. But having the kitchen floor clean makes me feel better about my life in general.
Last but not least I had to post this silly picture of Weston wearing his "bath suit." He is such a goof! Davin tried to put on the same things, but he couldn't manage to keep them on long enough for a picture.
8 comments:
What a cute family!! I do love that picture of Ian and his boys. I should have done that. And your cake turned out cute too!! I'm jealous you got to do Toy Story together. Maybe next week. Anyway, I'll talk to you soon!
Sounds like you guys had a fun Father's Day. You are such a good wife!
I know how you feel about cleaning the house. The state of my house has more play on my emotions than I would like to admit. Clean house almost always means a happy mom.
I can't believe there were only 8 kids left to sing for Father's Day!! Good thing Weston was there to help out! I hope Ian went down so he would watch him sing. Looks like you had a nice Father's Day. Can't wait to see those cute boys in a little over a month :-)
That tie cake is awesome. And yay for hearing the baby's heartbeat!
Hearing a heartbeat is always exciting and reassuring...all that nausea hasn't been for nothing, yay! Holy cow, 8 kids! I thought our old ward was low on kids but we could usually scrounge up 15 or so. Your sacrament meetings must be peaceful ;)
Love the cake! I can't wait until you find out if you're having a boy or a girl. :-) I always loved hearing the heartbeat too...
What a handsome picture of all the boys. And wow, love that cake. You're pretty talented!!!
I don't know what I like better - the cake or the collection of presents for Dad. That is awesome!!
Post a Comment