Thursday, March 3, 2011

Overheard In the Kitchen

I rarely eat lunch in the kitchen with the kids. I use their lunch time to catch up on blogs and stuff at the computer. They take advantage of my "absence" (I'm only about 5 feet away in the den) to play, make weird noises, and generally avoid actually consuming their food. It can be really frustrating sometimes, but other times I enjoy eavesdropping on their silliness. I can't express how much I love my cute boys. They are at such fun ages right now and they get along quite well. Their brother relationship is so special and I'm glad that they are buddies.

The other day after the boys finished eating lunch I was getting Weston a brownie. As I set it down in front of him he said "You're a cooking expert Mom." Gotta love compliments from your kids. I think I would get more of them if I just served treats for dinner. :) Also, it's good to know that I'm an expert at baking brownies from a box. I guess it doesn't take much to impress a five year old!

3 comments:

Jimbogun said...

You are a cooking expert! Love the cute picture of Weston and his sister. (I love that a picture of Talia is required in every blog post!) And your header looks great now! I really like it. :)

Unknown said...

lol, well, I gotta admit I personally LOVE box brownies!

Whitney and Blake said...

I love sibling bonding! And I also love cute silly things hat kids say that make you feel good :)