Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Filling the Hours

So far I have been busy filling our free hours with lots of fun outings. I'm sure this will have to slow down soon, but it's been pretty fun to be out and about using all our fun summer deals. We've already bowled twice through the Kids Bowl Free program. It costs me $4.30 for shoe rental each time I take the kids. They bowl two games and have a blast. Davin even got 100 the second time we went! I was impressed.

When we are home the boys enjoy playing Legos, trains, coloring, and playing blocks. So far they have been playing pretty well together. I hope it lasts for a couple more months!
On Saturday we all worked in the yard. Ian mowed and I used the blower to clear off our walkways. After blowing away all the dead leaves and needles from our trees (aka the bugs' homes) Weston and Davin came out and hunted bugs. They rounded up about 40 roly polys. Weston made a bug house at preschool when Home Depot came for a visit, so the bugs had a nice home. I made Weston release them all later that afternoon though so they could have a chance of living through the ordeal. :) It was a gorgeous morning.

Today our Young Women's activity was going to the zoo. It was a perfect day! 70 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze. We got to see lots of animals moving around, enjoyed our sack lunches together, and got some good exercise trekking around the zoo grounds. We ended up with a pretty big group. 4 adult leaders, 7 young women, and 8 kids (of leaders). I'm really glad we went. It's fun to do an activity away from home every once in awhile.

Plus, it was Talia's first trip to the zoo! She was a trooper. She checked stuff out from her stroller until lunchtime, when she fell asleep and stayed asleep until we left. Weston said his favorite part of the zoo was the big iguana we saw in the reptile building. Davin liked the rhino the best. They also had these big dinosaurs scattered through the zoo, and that was pretty fun for Davin too.



This afternoon I took Talia to the doctor's for her 6 month check up. She won't officially hit the half a year old milestone for another 5 days, but it's getting close! She is doing great. She is healthy and happy and strong. She was so good for her shots too. She only cried for about 30 seconds. By the time I finished snapping up her outfit she was done crying. I sure love my sweet girl!
Talia's 6 month Stats:
Height: 25.5 inches (50th %)
Weight: 13 lbs. 4 oz. (10th %)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you guys are having a blast! Love the idea of bug houses... your boys are so adventurous!
and Talia is adorable!

Emilee said...

That's what makes me sad about living in the middle of nowhere--we don't get to go on fun outings very often. And all outings involve a ridiculous amount of driving. Hopefully we can do some fun stuff while we're all in Portland.

joyous said...

Sounds like a great start to summer!! We need to use our bowling too. Do you let Davin do it all by himself? Rachel still makes me nervous, but maybe she'll be better this year!

elizabeth said...

The zoo looks like so much fun. I think we're going to the zoo when the girls and I go to San Diego. I like the dancing hippos in the water, but I'll Weston and Davin know which are my favorites when I go this time ;-) I'm glad Miss Talia is staying little. She's more fun to bounce around that way!!

Becky Green said...

I just have to say that your little girl is probably the cutest little thing I've ever seen! Oh my gosh, her smile makes me so happy! :)

J, J and B said...

That bowling ball has got to be heavier than Davin! Hehe So cute!