Holy cow! Life with kids in school is crazy. Or maybe life with 3 kids is crazy. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Whatever it is, I feel like we are always going. I am exhausted and in bed before 10pm every night. With Weston in school all day, Davin in school half days on Monday/Wednesday, Weston doing karate twice a week,
YW mutual activities, Ian's bishopric meetings, early morning
Zumba and swimming workouts 4-5 days a week . . . not to mention grocery shopping, laundry, dishes, keeping Talia on a relatively stable nap schedule, and getting everyone fed I am just wiped out!
I have to admit that part of me enjoys the routine of school and my life as the mom of school aged kids. I like getting up early, exercising, and being ready for the day before 9am. I like feeling like it matters if I'm ready for the day at all. Sometimes when you have little ones it's hard to find the motivation for any of that. The other part of me misses our lazy mornings and the ability to keep my eyes open past 9:30 at night to watch a movie with Ian.
Don't forget there is a non-school-aged child along for the ride! Talia is such a trooper. She takes being woken up from her naps and being hauled back and forth to the school, karate, the church, etc. with all the grace an 8 month old can possess. And she looks good doing it. Usually.
Today was unusual. Ian's new car was in the shop . . . did I mention Ian bought a car? Well, anyway, it was in the shop getting some routine maintenance done, so he had gotten a ride to work this morning. That meant that I picked up Weston from school at 3:45, had to be at karate at 4, and then go straight over to pick up Ian from work so he could pick up his car from the shop before they closed at 6.
Ian and his 2007 Hyundai Elantra

I had to wake up Talia from her nap to leave at 3:40. She was pretty happy. When I went to put her back in her car seat after getting Weston from his classroom I had poop all over my arm. Gross and gross. I had to change her in the front seat while Weston put on his karate uniform in the back. I didn't have a clean
onesie in the diaper bag, so she got to ride to karate in just a clean diaper. I dropped Weston off then drove home to get Talia dressed. Needless to say it was a hectic afternoon. We made it on time to all our commitments though. There is really no point to this story except for me to marvel at how nutty life is with lots of little ones and to be able to laugh at it in the distant future.
Really, truly, life is good. I am blessed. You know why? See below.
Some much needed down time after school. Watching Avengers with juice and fruit snacks. Can't beat that.
My cutest BFF!
Pretty in pink
The boys built robots to enter into a Lego magazine contest.
Talia's first outfit of today. It sure was cute while it lasted! (which was only until about 11am) Also Talia was busy Labor Day weekend cutting her second tooth! On the bottom right next to her first tooth. :)
4 comments:
I'm so impressed with your ability to shuttle everyone around, get stuff done, exercise, and still have your baby looking cute! Sounds like you are super-mom! :-)
Ohmygoodness!!! How do you stand to have such cuteness in front of you all the time?!?!? I'm sure it's tempered by crankiness at times, but still. So cute!
It is different when they are in school. I think half day is hard because you just barely got out of the car before it's time to go get them again. But with full day, it makes your afternoons more intense with everything that has to get done.
We have a busy hour in the morning to get them ready for school and then from about 2:30 to 4 is crazy. I can usually get everyone settled into their stuff by 4 and then I just go from kid to kid helping while also trying to empty the dishwasher and make dinner. Some days work better than others. ;)
Welcome to the crazy busy life of school-age kids...isn't it awesome! I think I actually prefer it to the days when I had just babies and toddlers and nothing to fill the hours with.
And, oh my goodness, Talia is so unbelievably cute...love the cherry outfit. She should be a model. One more thing to add to your schedule, eh? ;)
I guess even though it's hectic, I can look forward to the school days as a reason to get dressed in the morning. Especially way out here, I usually only do it because I should, not because anyone will see me. Talia sure looks adorable through it all.
Post a Comment