Talia slept great for me. She woke up at 6ish and ate a bottle and went back to sleep until 8:15. Since I didn't have to get up with any other little ones I got to stay in bed until then too. I was much less productive than I had planned to be, but the boys got home at 11am, so I didn't have tons of time to myself.
Saturday flew by. Ian cleaned up and put away camping stuff while I bathed the kids and started the laundry. We had a couple hours of down time before Ian headed out to go to the BYU v. Utah football game. I took the kids to Alison's birthday party at the park, then watched most of the game after they were in bed. It was a pretty sad game. I don't know what happened to our team, but it was ugly. I went to bed when there were about 9 minutes left to play and the score was 33-10. The next morning I asked Ian what the final score was . . . 54-10. Yikes. I had to chuckle at THIS though.
Sunday was busy, as usual. I went to Ward Council at 7:30am while Ian got the kids ready (honestly I prefer it this way), then we all went to church. Talia stayed awake the entire three hours for the first time. She did ok. By the end she was getting pretty restless, but so was I, so who can blame her? I took the kids home and got Talia down for a nap, everyone fed, then went to my presidency meeting. Right afterwards my friend, Janelle, and I went visiting teaching. By the time I got home at 4pm I changed straight into my pajamas and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening putting together dinner, watching Pixar shorts with the kids, reading the paper, and going to bed early. Sigh. And now we are onto another week just as busy as the last. Wish me luck!
9 comments:
At least you still make time to blog!!! Love the video and Davin's roly poly collection is HILARIOUS!! That is a ton of roly polys. I'm still laughing just thinking about it. :) I love your comfy girls night too, sounds just perfect. I emailed Jim that turnover link today too, he thought it was funny. People in my ward were really excited for the game, it was a bummer it was such a bust. Maybe someday your Sundays will be a day of rest...or maybe not. ;) I love you and will call you this week!!!
i went to bed when it was 30-10. i couldn't believe the score the next morning. yeah...humiliating.
I love the picture of Davin and his roly polys. We used to do that when we were kids. Except one time we put them in a bucket of dirt and put the bucket on top of the shed and they all got fried by the sun. Lesson learned.
Cute little father son camp out, that's a cute video. Thanks for sharing the Arby's pic, I hadn't seen that yet. So funny!
Kyle can't wait to have a Father/Son camp out. How fun for Ian and the boys! It sounds like your girls night was super fun too.
It definitely seems fair that you should have a girls night when the boys are away! Even if it rained, it's the experience and I'm sure the boys had fun and will remember it! Nap times and church can be challenging. I know my nieces and nephews struggle with 1 o'clock church. I think 9am church may be easier for some parents! I heard about that game! Rough stuff!
I love the Fathers and Sons campout! Happiness. Sounds like a good weekend to me. Even if you did not get as much done. Sometimes it is just nice to have a little extra peace :)
Man, I get tired just reading your posts! It sounds like you had lots of fun though.. :)
I'm glad your tent held up. That makes for a much more pleasant night of sleep...I still remember camping in the Uinta's when the tent didn't hold up quite so well ;)
Post a Comment