Thursday, December 8, 2011

Santa

On Monday I took Weston out of school early so that we could go visit Santa. We just didn't have any free evenings to go, so Weston played hooky for an afternoon. We ate lunch in the food court then met up with Ian and headed over to Santa's corner. It was great. There was no line. The Santa was adorable (not the sketchy glass-eyed Santa from years past). Weston and Davin just lit up when they saw him.

Weston had a whole list of things he asked for and Santa seemed a little overwhelmed. :) Davin, on the other hand, only asked for a Webkinz frog. He's so adorable. Talia didn't ask for anything except to be back in my arms. I thought their picture turned out really cute and I gave in and bought it for the first time. Davin's face is my favorite.
Santa is conveniently located right outside of See's, so next we went in and bought our pound of Christmas See's, which consists mostly of bordeaux(s), of course. Despite the three, yes three, trips we had to make to the mall bathroom in the course of our hour and a half mall outing, it was a success and I can now return to avoiding the mall like the plague for the rest of December.

4 comments:

joyous said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!!! That Davin is a crack up!!!! Best Santa picture ever. We still need to get that done. I did go to the mall this morning, but only one store and I got there right as they opened so it wasn't too bad.

elizabeth said...

Love the blog. . .just got to it today (week of concerts) and love the picture (just got it in the mail today too)!! Yes, you gotta love that Santa innocence with Davin. However, I'm totally with Weston. . I want a Smartboard for Christmas too ;-) Maybe I can request one if and when we have that "fine arts" academy at Imperial :-)

Tasha said...

I just LOVE that picture. Your kids are so cute. You do have a great Santa. Love that you made it a fun afternoon :)

J, J and B said...

Aw, poor little Talia. That's like a classic Christmas photo of Santa and a crying little one! Every family needs one! Cute kids!