Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Writing!

Weston is very into writing these days. I told you about his writing practice with his 3 page long Christmas list . . . well he also wrote a story book this weekend about his school. A monster attacked West Kearns Elementary and kidnapped the principal, but the monster was just misunderstood. All he really wanted was to be let into school. Pretty cute.

Anyway, this morning after I took my shower and shut off all the screens in front of my kids I thought I should help Davin practice writing some letters. I have never seen him write, so I thought we would start with "D." I wrote his name at the top of the page and he turned it over and proceeded to write his name without any help from me. What?!? Where did this come from? I think I underestimate my little Davin. Just because he wants to be Spiderman at Disneyland (according to last night's dinner conversation) when he grows up doesn't mean the kid isn't smart! Go Dav!
Just for cute kicks . . .

6 comments:

joyous said...

Dang! Those are some good letters!! He's a secret smarty-pants. :)

Kate said...

Love it! That is awesome. Talia's hat is adorable!

Liz Smith said...

LOL. "Just because he wants to be Spiderman at Disneyland when he grows up doesn't mean the kid isn't smart." hahahaha....loved that line. smart AND cute. it's just not fair. go Davin! :)

Unknown said...

way to go, Davin! Don't you love it when they pull something out like that and totally surprise you!?!

Tara said...

That story totally cracked me up. He was like, "D? Please... I got this." Love it.

Tasha said...

Go Davin!! That is some good writing. I love that Weston loves to write too. What an adorable story.