Valentine's Day definitely snuck up on me this year. It always seems to come up pretty quickly after Weston's birthday, but with the girls' weekend right before it this year it was extra sneaky. I barely managed to put up a banner the week before. The kids woke up to Valentines on the couch. I got them each a new shirt, as per tradition, and a treat bag with a heart brownie in it and a box of conversation hearts. They also had a couple of Valentines from grandparents to open that had come in the mail earlier. It was a fun morning. I can't believe it but I forgot to get a picture of the kids in their new shirts! I'll work on that.

Davin had done his Valentine's Day celebration at school on Monday, so on the big day he was home with me. We made sugar cookie dough in the morning and then went and met up with Ian for lunch at Kneaders. When we got home from lunch Talia took a nap while Davin and I rolled out the cookie dough and baked all the cookies. We finished with just enough time for me to lay down for a few minutes before picking up Weston from school.
After Weston got home we frosted cookies. Talia threw a fit the entire time because she wanted to eat the cookies. I did share with her but she has quite the sweet tooth and wasn't really satisfied with one cookie. Must be my daughter. :) Anyway, we got the cookies done and took a plate over to our neighbors. Weston and Davin both made Valentines for Ian and I. I think they are really cute and definitely funny. Can you tell who's a mama's boy?


I made a nice dinner of salmon, mashed potatoes, and green beans. It was yummy, but I barely had time to do the dishes before running out the door to Young Women's. Sometimes I wish that Ian went into work earlier just so he could be home in the evenings a little earlier. Oh well. Young Women's went really well. We made a bunch of Valentines and wrote nice notes, then took them to a couple of the widows in our ward and visited with them for a bit. They seemed to really appreciate it and the girls had fun being crafty and doing some service.
Ian and I capped off the night by watching Castle before falling into bed. We were both pretty exhausted. Ian has been doing video shoots this week and those always make for long days. Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day!
Just for fun, here's a pic of Talia rocking my sunglasses during Sunday School a couple weeks ago. She loves wearing
everyone's sunglasses except her own.
4 comments:
I love the Mom #1 and Dad #2--that is SO funny! A lot of moms I know felt like Valentine's Day just fell on the wrong day this year. What's up with that? :)
Love the pic of Talia in your glasses- too cute! SOunds like you had a good Valentine's Day, albeit a busy one. By the way, Castle is one of my favorite shows. You have good taste :)
Yours was a busy day too. I'm jealous you had cookies again, although I ate way more than my fair share when I made them two weeks ago!! Love the Valentines the boys made too. Sorry I never called you back yesterday. Hopefully today or tomorrow, the kids can chat.
Love the Valentines day, but I need a new blog . . . .
Post a Comment