Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sickies

My kids are sickies today. Well it's been almost a week since Talia started in with a cough and grouchiness, but yesterday I thought I was going to rip my hair out. Davin was coughing NON-STOP. I mean, I feel bad for the kid, but at the same time it's so very annoying. I decided I'd better make yet another trip to the doctor's office today. Our last appointment was miserable. Both kids crying almost the entire time. I was really hoping today was going to be better and it was!

Our beloved Dr. Sally wasn't in today, so we had to see a different doctor in the practice. One that was new whom we had never seen before. She was wonderful. If something ever prevents us from seeing Dr. Sally again I will request Dr. De La O. Yes, that's her name. Talia really warmed up to her too. No fussing when she got checked out, which has to be a first. Davin also did great with her. And we left with solutions. I always like that. Davin got a prescription for another round of eye drops to hopefully knock out the crusties that seem to constantly be in his eyelashes and we are going to start using his inhalers again. Talia had an ear infection in her left ear and is teething, so we have some Amoxicillin for her. I'm somewhat optimistic that I won't have a crabby baby forever.

Now that we are home Davin is curled up on the couch watching ocean documentaries (his favorite) and Talia is napping. I am thoroughly enjoying not having a fussy, squirmy baby on my lap right now, and I'm very glad that the calendar is empty this weekend so we can stay home and get everyone feeling better!

And finally, a funny story. This conversation between Davin and I happened on our drive over to the doctor's this morning after a particularly intense coughing bout.
Me: Dav, are you ok?
Dav: I'm donna die.
Me: (chuckling) Oh don't die! I would be so sad!
Dav: Why would you be sad?
Me: Cause then you'd be gone and I'd miss you.
Dav: Well, Jesus will bwing my body pawts back.

Apparently this is how a 3 year old conceptualizes the Resurrection. It did strike me though how he was so unconcerned about dying because of his faith and didn't understand why I would be so sad. Such a sweet kid. My boys are always teaching me and reminding me with their simple testimonies. I'm a lucky mom.

9 comments:

joyous said...

So sweet!! I love that Dav-ster. :) Sorry there are sickies at your house. I would tell you that I'm fighting the beginning of a cold, but then that would be admitting it, which I am not doing. Instead, I have been taking Emergen-C twice a day and telling myself, "I am not getting sick. I am not getting sick..."

Unknown said...

sorry you're battling the sickies. but hopefully the doc trip and restful weekend will get you guys healthy again.

on a side note, I couldn't convince Gwen that the pics of Talia and Davin on the sidebar weren't her cousins McKenzie and Asher.

Emilee said...

Sorry to hear you guys are sick too. Hope everyone there feels better soon!

Pamela said...

Sick kids are a bummer. Hope the rest of the family stays healthy...especially mom! And Davin's comment cracked me up!!! Thanks for the laugh :)

elizabeth said...

You're so lucky to have a low key weekend period. But I'm still sad you have sick kids. I love Davin's perspective. He's schubert a sweetie. Any B-day ideas for him??

Dawnie said...

I love the "body pawts back" I can just picture his little kid accent. So cute! I wish I was around to get to know him better. Have you guys decided where you're moving to yet?

Paige said...

That is so sweet, shannon! What a smart little guy, Davin is.

Liz Smith said...

poor little kiddies. :( i hope they get to feeling better soon.

brie said...

there are few things that suck worse in this life than sick kids. i'm glad that they are hopefully on the mend!