Monday, March 26, 2012

Spiderman Birthday

Davin turned 4 on Saturday! He wanted a Spiderman birthday party, so that's what he got. I didn't start planning it until a couple of weeks ago, so I was feeling kind of stressed out about it, but it came together really well and Davin had a great time at his party. Whew!

We lucked out weather wise. It was 70ish and sunny. Kind of windy, but not too bad. We ended up having 10 kids (including Weston and Davin) at the party. We gathered and watched some Spiderman cartoons on TV until everyone got there, then we took the kids outside to play games. First up was Spider Spider Man (aka Duck Duck Goose). The bigger kids definitely got the hang of it better than the preschoolers, but I think they all had fun with it.
After that we practiced web slinging at some pretend bad guys. Each kid got a turn to shoot silly string at some bad guy action figures. They were mostly Batman bad guys and a Darth Vader since that's what we had, but they worked just fine and the kids LOVED shooting silly string. By the time the games outside were over lunch was ready, so we brought everyone inside to eat.
The menu was spiderweb pizzas, fruit, and fishies with Hawaiian Punch or root beer to drink. Of course Davin didn't eat a single bite of his pizza, but he's pretty picky. I thought the pizzas turned out really cute and pretty tasty. They weren't even as much work as I had thought they would be.
After lunch the kids played Spidey Sense Search in the house. They took turns hiding a picture of Doc Ock and then the rest of the kids would look for him. It wasn't as big of a hit as I thought it would be, but still worked out alright. After that game we sang to Davin and ate his Spiderman cake.
Finally it was time for presents. He got some fun toys and just wanted to open them and play after that. The rest of his friends went outside to play some more until parents got there to pick them up.
I was surprised that we were finished a little early. I thought for sure with games, lunch, presents and cake we would take up the whole two hours. Davin was pretty worn out at the end of the party and had a hard time being a gracious host by then, but he really did have a fun party and a good day. I sure love my little Davin and I'm glad he was happy with his party.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Cute pizzas! I thought Jarom said something about spider pizza but I kind of ignored him. That was a cute idea. And on the ride home, Kenz said, "MOM. I'm SO glad they had root beer," like it was a huge relief or something... haha.
Looked like a really fun party, my kids had a blast! I love Weston's face in the silly string shot. And the cake looks great, too! Nice job, Shan!

Liz Smith said...

aww...he is so cute! looks like a great party. happy belated birthday, davin!

joyous said...

Awesome!! You are the best sister to plan a spiderman party for me. :) You know I will probably steal all these ideas for Rachel's birthday in a couple months. ;) Sounds like a very fun day for Davin. He really is such a big boy now!!!

sara said...

I can't believe he's already 4 years old!! What a fun party. Great job Shannon!

Tasha said...

Those pizzas were awesome!! Looked like the perfect party for him :) He is such a cutie.