We did have a fun weekend though. I got to sleep in on Saturday then lazed around reading my book and eating birthday donuts and opening my presents all morning. We finally got moving when we found out we had a showing at lunch time. We barely got ourselves and the house ready in time, then took the kids to McDonald's for lunch and some play time. We also did some shopping at Kohl's. The kids were less than enthused about the shopping, but Ian and I had fun. :)
When we got home Talia took a nap and we picked up the babysitter. We went with our friends to the bowling alley, but we weren't going to be able to bowl for an hour and a half, so instead we ended up getting frozen yogurt and playing pool at Ian's work. It was fun to hang out. Ian took me to Faustina for dinner. Mmm it's so delicious. We both tried new dishes this time and we both agreed that our favorites are still our favorites, but I'm glad that we branched out a little and can go back to ordering the same thing from now on in confidence. :) Our meals were still really good, just not our favorite. Anyway, we ended up having the Bayles' come back over after we got home to watch The Fugitive with us. It was a very fun birthday. Thank you to my sweet husband for making it such a great day.
Sunday was busy because the people who looked at the house on Saturday wanted to come back and see it one more time before putting an offer on it. So they came while we were at church. That meant I had to have us all ready to go and the house ready to show before we left for church. Also I spoke in Sacrament meeting. It all turned out fine. We now have 3 offers on our house and are just waiting to hear back from the bank that one of them has been accepted. Yay!
I made corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, and carrots for dinner. It was so good. I always forget how much I like corned beef and cabbage. I decided to go ahead and make myself a cake. I just couldn't quite let the birthday go by without blowing out some candles. We invited some friends to come over to help us eat the cake and had a fun evening.
Please ignore my goofy smile. This is the only picture from my birthday weekend.
Monday was Weston's big presentation day. It is getting it's own post though when I have the video to upload, so stay tuned. It was a great weekend kicking off my last year of my 20's.
5 comments:
Yay for birthday fun! I'm glad you had such a good weekend. And I think every birthday needs a cake, so I'm glad you made one. Congrats on getting three offers, that's awesome!
Don't worry, all that leprechaun/dying food green stuff is just for those of us who have nothing exciting going on in the middle of March and are dying for some sort of excitement. You have plenty of excitement that day so I can see why you didn't bother. :) But you did make corned beef and cabbage! I didn't make any sort of St. Patricksy food, but I do like cooked cabbage a LOT so I'll have to try harder next year. :)
Sounds like a fantastic birthday. I really want to try Faustina. And I can't believe you had to have your house ready to show, get your family ready for church AND speak in sacrament! Agghh!! You've seen my house after the get-ready-for-church massacre and it's not a pretty sight. So good job. One of those offers has got to come through, that's exciting!
Alright this is one of my long-winded comments, sorry. Happy birthday once again!!
I'm glad you had a great B-day weekend. I didn't wear green either. In fact, it was people in green wigs and bright green clothes at the conference that reminded me it was even St. Patrick's day. . . that's when Diana and I called and sang to you ;-) By the way, I like you goofy grin. Is that cake chocolate with peanut butter frosting by any chance???
Love it!!! I'm so glad you had a fun birthday weekend. :) And I'm glad you had a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. I'm making one this weekend when Jules and Rick come...just because!! Hope 29 is a great year for you. :)
Happy belated birthday!!!! I can't believe I missed saying that to you on the day of. Looks like a great day. Our st pattys day was nearly non existent. I wore green and that's as far as my celebrating went. I usually like to bake shamrock cookies or something. Oh well, maybe next year. :)
Post a Comment