Weston's kindergarten class had their end of the year field trip on Friday to the
Hogle Zoo. Weston was really excited. I couldn't
chaperon with other kids, but I decided to take Davin and Talia to the zoo that day anyway. Mel and Brad were able to come too, which made the day so much more fun and so much easier.
When we first got there I took the kids down to the play area to run around while we waited for Auntie Mel and Uncle Brad. They both liked climbing on the creatures, and Davin finally worked up the courage to actually go down the big snake slide. When Mel and Brad got there we wandered through the cave area and saw rats and bats and scorpions.


Mel and Brad treated us all to a ride on the
Zoofari Express train! We had never done the train ride before so it was pretty exciting. :) Davin didn't much care about seeing any animals from the train, but was enjoying the ride.



After our train ride we started wandering and looking at animals. Davin's main objective was to find the giraffes. They were towards the other side of the zoo, so we saw lots of other things first and after every exhibit he would ask, "Now where are the
giwaffes?" The animals were all pretty active so we got to see all kinds of monkeys, the elephants eating, a rhino, more monkeys, the entire reptile building, tigers, a lynx, the giraffes (finally!), and more.

Towards the end of our outing we finally ran into Weston's group. The zoo isn't that big so I had thought we would find them more quickly. It was fine though. He was having fun with his friends, so I snapped a picture then we went on our separate ways. Mel and Brad treated Davin to a carousel ride too, which I think he enjoyed despite being so tired he was practically falling asleep on his frog. We ended the outing with some
dippin' dots.


While we were sitting eating our ice cream Weston's group passed us again. They were heading back toward the bus and his teacher said I could take him home with me, so that was nice. Unfortunately sometime in the half an hour between when I found his group and then they found me, Weston had managed to get a splinter in his thumb, so he was kind of sad and ready to leave. We were all pretty wiped out after our fun, busy day at the zoo.
1 comment:
Wohoo!!! What a day. :) First of all, Talia's pigtails with pink bows and the pink jacket are adorable!!! She's such a big girl these days. I also loved Mel's curly longer hair, very pretty. And I love the picture of you, Mel and Talia on the train, super cute. Looks like an amazing day at the zoo. :)
Post a Comment