Here are some things about Talia at 18 months that I want to remember. She is finally starting to talk. She says nana (banana), ba (bye), wha da heda (what the heck, gotta love having big brothers), wow, uh-oh, help, up, down, hot dog, and signs more and please. She probably has a few other words I'm forgetting, but those are the most common ones.
She loves the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse hot dog dance and will sing the song and do her bouncing dance. She does it in the car, in church, in her high chair, and any other time she thinks about it. She also loves books and inevitably will pull every single book off her shelf every single day. We read most of them throughout the day too. Favorites are Duck and Goose, I Spy Ocean, That's Not My Fairy, and Baby Einstein See and Spy Counting.
Talia is a good eater and sleeper. Her favorite foods are hot dogs, Trix, anything sweet (cookies, ice cream, etc), chocolate milk, french fries, yogurt, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, and most fruit (bananas, strawberries, frozen blueberries, pears, grapes, etc.). She sleeps through the night and takes one afternoon nap.
She is a little bit of drama in our house. Mainly because she is a screamer. She screams every 3-5 seconds at dinner every time she thinks she needs more food in her mouth. She screams when you take something away, when I leave the house, or when she needs your attention. She is notoriously grumpy at dinnertime every day. Poor daddy probably thinks she's never happy, but in reality she is a happy girl most of the time. I love getting to be her mom and I look forward to seeing her little personality develop as she learns to talk and explores more of the world.
Yesterday was her 18 month check up. Probably her last well visit with our beloved pediatrician, Dr. Sally. It's just too far to drive from Lehi, but she gave me some good recommendations for doctors closer to us. Talia does NOT like the doctor's office. She flailed and screamed when we tried to get her weight. She clung to me and tried to bat away the stethoscope during her exam and pretty much wasn't happy until it was over and she got a sticker. She is a healthy girl though.
Here are her 18 month stats:
Height: 30 inches, 10th%ile
Weight: 20(ish) lbs. (you may recall the flailing on the scale, so we gave it our best guess), 5th%ile
Head: 50th%ile
On Monday we went to the dinosaur museum for FHE. They were doing a fun fishing activity. The kids made Father's Day cards, fished in the little "pond" and won a mini plastic sea creature prize, then did a scavenger hunt in the museum for the best fishing hole. :) Ian met us there about halfway through. We went to dinner at JCW's afterwards. It was a very fun family outing.
Talia figured out how to climb on the exhibits
On Tuesday, Talia's 18 month birthday, we were supposed to have friends come over to play, but they were sick and couldn't come, so we had an afternoon to fill. We ended up going over to the play in the fountains at the Children's Garden for a couple of hours. The kids all loved it. Talia played in the water for a little bit then just hung out with me in the shade and watched the birds and played with toys. Love my sweet girl!
8 comments:
She's such a cutie! I love hearing about your kids, Shan! It sounds like your summer is already off to a fun start!
So cute! She is such a big girl. I love that you kinda celebrated her 1.5 birthday. ;) Looking forward to the weekend!
She is so sweet and tiny! I love that she is almost the exact same age as my Lucy. Lucy had her appointment the other day and hated it as well. Lucy is a whopping 28 pounds though! Quite a bit bigger than your little Talia!
Talia's growing up so fast! What a cutie. BTW, if you're looking for a good pediatrician in our area, we love Dr. Wilcox!
Wha da heda... haha! I love it. I think you already know I think she is pretty much the most adorable baby girl on the planet. Can't believe how time is flying!
I'm pretty sure you'd figure that was me and not Justin, but just in case... it was me. :)
that is so funny that she says what the heck! how cute!!!
I cannot believe she is 18 months. That is always a happy time because that means nursery! Yay! She is so adorable Shannon.
Post a Comment