Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Not Much

It's been a week since my last post and it feels like hardly anything has been going on.  I got to take all 3 kids with me to my doctor's appointment last week and to the lab since it was also my gestational diabetes screening.  That was fun.  Then I got the results that my sugars were high and my iron was low, so yesterday I spent most of my day hanging out at the St. Mark's Women's Center lab doing the 3 hour glucose screening.  Luckily Mel and Brad had the day off and watched the kids for me.

On Saturday I got to take Ian on a fun date for his birthday.  We got massages then ate delicious Indian food at Bombay House.  After dinner we wandered around City Creek for a little while and then ended the evening with a movie at the Broadway Theater.  It was a super fun night.  I sure love that man of mine!
Not sure why there is only a picture of me though.  
 
Weston has been asking to make Oobleck (or Magic Mud if you grew up calling it that like I did) for FHE for weeks now and I kept forgetting to buy cornstarch.  I finally remembered, so that was what we did together last night as our FHE activity.  The boys thought it was completely awesome.  The boys got it everywhere and I remembered why I don't do science-type things with them.  I don't like cleaning up the mess.   :)  I guess I have to let it go sometimes though so they can do fun stuff. 
Randomness: Today in the car on the way home from our errands we were speculating on where Ian was going to pick to go out to dinner tomorrow night for his actual birthday and Weston said he hoped he would pick The Old Spaghetti Factory "because that's my favorite fancy restaurant."  It's about as fancy as he's ever been to.  Davin said that Taco Bell is his favorite restaurant and he thought Dad was going to pick Taco Bell for sure.  It was just a funny conversation and made me laugh.


6 comments:

Kate said...

Wow you're a good mom to make the Oobleck. (same thing as gak? Maybe it has many names:) Glad things are going great. It was fun to see/talk to you at Jules wedding!

Unknown said...

sorry bout all the doctor screenings. that's no fun. Especially because no one wants to hear that they might not be allowed sugar for the rest of the pregnancy. How did things turn out in the end?

and you look fabulous, btw.

joyous said...

Weston's face is priceless!!!!! I remember making gak as a kid...so fun.

Liz Smith said...

i love bombay house! oh i so miss that place. sounds like a great date. you are such a cute pregnant lady!! i know ive said that before, but you are! :)

Emilee said...

Glad to hear that you guys have made it to Bombay House! Happy Birthday to Ian!

Tara said...

Sorry about the 3 hour glucose test. :( I wasn't supposed to eat before my 1-hour and I totally forgot and ate a sugary bowl of cereal right before I drank the glucose so I won't be surprised if it comes back high. The doc said I can do the 1-hour again since I kinda botched it, so that's good. I don't want to do the dumb 3-hour test, that doesn't sound fun!
I think I made ooblek with Kenz once but she probably doesn't remember. They would love that, maybe we will do that again. Lately I've been having them do messy stuff outside so the kids can just hose down the driveway after and that's been good. Now that you have some cornstarch, you should make some sidewalk chalk paint (maybe you already have). It's just cornstarch and water with a tiny bit of food coloring. I just put it in plastic cups with paintbrushes and the kids loved it. It dries really bright and they can clean up the mess themselves. K, we need to get together soon. I think when Justin goes back to work and Kenz is back in school (next week!) things will feel a little more normal. The week after that I have girls camp though! Crazy summer. How about I call you instead of leaving a novel on your blog? haha...