The next Friday I took Weston out on a little date. We went out to dinner at his favorite restaurant, The Old Spaghetti Factory. He had earned a free kids meal there from doing lots of reading in Kindergarten, so we used that and had a blast. There was even a balloon guy wandering around and Weston got a viking helmet and sword!
After dinner I dropped him off at the Provo library for a Lego workshop. He got to build with tons of Lego's, and even got to experiment with building something that included a motor. At the end they made a couple of spinning platforms with the motors and then the kids could make spin art. Weston had a blast and I did some shopping and errands while he was busy with Lego's.
We ended our date night with Weston's favorite treat, frozen yogurt. He loads on the toppings and can eat more than I can. :) I sure love my big kid. It's so fun to hang out with him. He talked my ear off the whole way home about an animated How to Train Your Dragon show from Netflix. I think he really enjoyed getting some one on one time with me and staying up late. I'll need to carve out some time to take Davin on a date next.
1 comment:
I love that you guys had a date! I remember gong on dates with my dad (Sleeping Beauty being one of the fun things we saw), and I loved them!
Post a Comment