Our new morning routine involves me getting up before 7am every day for the first time in years. It's still kind of rough, but I like being up in the morning with my kiddos. I make Weston breakfast (and usually lunch because I'm lazy at night) and chat with him while we eat, then we have family prayer and I walk him outside and watch him walk to the bus stop.
Then I come inside and do the same thing with the littler ones. Talia is asserting her big girl-ness these days and wanting to eat at the table instead of in her high chair. It's fine when Weston's not home, but we are going to need another chair pretty quickly. Although the novelty of eating in a big chair seems to help her stay and eat more.
After breakfast Davin usually disappears to the basement and his Lego's for an hour or so while Talia squeals for a "show." She is finally big enough that she doesn't freak out if I disappear for a shower during her morning Baby Einstein. Which makes this mama happy. The other day though Talia asked for Elmo, so I turned on a Sesame Street Alphabet DVD. It attracted Davin and they ended up both wanting to relax on their blankets while they watched. It was adorable. Nothing starts a great day like Sesame Street and chocolate milk, not if you are 4 or under anyway.
This last Friday evening we spent some time at Farm Country. Talia loves the horses and chickens and ducks and bunnies. The boys mostly like playing in the harvesting exhibit, but they also nervously enjoy a pony ride. It was a gorgeous, warm night and we had some good family time. I like the kids, but I like Ian even more. He's pretty much awesome and I'm always glad when he can hang out with us.
(Can you tell I followed Talia around the farm while the boys played in the exhibit?)
Speaking of loving this cute family of mine . . . we are adding to it. Soon! We have had some major insurance stresses over the last couple of weeks, but it's official that I am now going to be delivering at a different hospital than all the other kids were born at. I just met my new midwife today. She's not my fun, bubbly, empathetic Vicky, but she's nice and personable and will be there on Friday to induce me if I don't go into labor before then. I will be 39 weeks tomorrow. Even though I am ready to be done being pregnant I'm kind of amazed that we will be having a baby this week. I can't wait to snuggle my newest little baby boy. We will keep the blog updated, so check back for any baby news and to find out what Baby Bowles #4 will be named!
8 comments:
Can't wait to see pics of your baby! Good luck this week. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
This Friday!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait for another cute little Bowles baby. :) You guys really do have some awesome, cute kids!
Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you!!! I'm calling you today!
can't wait! so excited for you guys!! :)
Good luck with everything!
I can't wait to meet your new baby!
so close!!! keep us updated!
Ah! How exciting! I haven't been on Facebook for a while, so I had no idea you were expecting another little one! I'm so happy for you, and will be praying for a smooth delivery!
Post a Comment