Monday, September 10, 2012

You Have Been Warned

Warning: This post will more than likely contain whining.  If you are over your quota of whining for the day either skip it or come back first thing tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will officially be 38 weeks pregnant.  If you count by weeks that means that I am 9 and a half months pregnant.  Pretty much I'm just really pregnant.  I feel like I haven't talked too much about my pregnancy on the blog this time around, but I've hit the wall.  I'm now taking it day by day.  I don't really want to have this baby until next week, but even that sounds really far away right now.  If he is sleeping and not trying to move around in his limited space then I feel pretty good, but whenever he's shifting and kicking and stretching it is pretty painful.  I also am tired.  My back hurts.  You get the idea.

Despite being ginormously pregnant I have still managed to stay pretty busy with the day to day of running our house and getting everyone to and from school.  The boys have been building a lot of Legos.  Especially Davin.  That kid spends hours in the basement building "creations."  And he always wants a picture of them.  Weston built this alien to enter into a Lego Jr. magazine contest
  
Last Friday was Weston's spotlight day in his 1st grade class.  He put together a little booklet about himself and got to bring in 10 things to show and tell.  He was so excited and pondered for days what he would bring to show his class.  He ended up showing a craft he made, his Lego space shuttle, his Star Wars encyclopedia book, his favorite book Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, 2 of his Webkinz, and his fossil from the Paleo Lab at the dino museum.  He did a great job presenting and it was fun to see him with his classmates and to see his teacher interact.
Talia has just been doing her normal things.  Playing, watching "shows," becoming a more picky eater by the day (and following in Bowles kid tradition wanting cheese all the time), learning new words, popping bubbles, and fussing at me.  She sure is cute in the mornings though when she is happy and has crazy hair.  Ian took these pics of her a couple weeks ago when he was up with her in the morning and I was sleeping (it was fantastic).  We sure like our girl.

9 comments:

Emilee said...

You can complain and whine all you want about being pregnant to me--I certainly did. Especially going 40 weeks plus some with both my girls. Why do they say it's nine months? I always went by weeks and that felt long enough when you're huge and uncomfortable. I won't try to make you feel better, because it never worked for me. But I validate your whining (which really wasn't that bad) because you have every right to at this point.

Lana said...

You're not whining at all- you're speaking the truth! Being pregnant is hard work and it's tiring at the end. I'm sending good vibes your way that your kids will be mellow this last week and that you will get enough rest and that Baby Bowles won't squirm as much :)

Tara said...

"Pretty much I'm just really pregnant" cracked me up. The last month of pregnancy is longer than the entire eight months before it. Every day just crawls!
So I just bought Jarom his first set of Lego's last week and oh my gosh. I don't ever want to buy any other toy besides Lego's again. They must have played with them 3 hours straight that day and off and on every day since. So great.
Good job going in to see Weston's spotlight day. He's such an awesome kid. I'm sure his teacher loves him already.
Alright, hang in there and hey, at least you will have your baby before me. :) I'll for sure be waiting until October. Yay...

Liz Smith said...

awww....you're almost there!!!! I hope this last stretch goes by as fast as possible! pamper yourself as much as you can. treat yourself to a pedicure. just something to help you relax. i'm thinking about you and hoping for a smooth delivery! :)

Becky Green said...

You're having that baby so soon! Even though it's kind of dragging on for you. I totally sympathize with the uncomfortable thing though. I felt like I had passed up most full term pregnant women at about six months thanks to that giant Green baby I had inside me. I could barely do anything near the end, so I feel your pain. Complain all you want. It's the worst. But I'm so excited for you! Having babies is my new favorite thing. I hope everything goes great and that little guy gets here soon!

Tasha said...

You have the cutest kids! Seriously. Hang in there with the pregnancy. i think the end is just as bad as the beginning when I am horribly sick. Both are just so wearing. I cannot wait to see your little guy when he arrives :)

Unknown said...

what's a blog for if not a little venting? Girl, go right ahead. :)

and, btw, I think the lego creations are pretty awesome and Talia is about as cute as she could possibly be!

Lori said...

I can't wait to meet little Dong Dong. (Or whatever you choose to call him.)

Cerise "Mama" Outhier said...

That was whining?