I feel like I'm finally catching up with my normal life since I had Beckett. We are falling into more of a routine and I'm getting a little more sleep at night. I am truly surprised at how well I am adjusting to having four kids. Because four is a lot! (Check out Weston's number sentence of our family! Woah!)
Beckett is four weeks old today! (Not quite officially a month since I like to count on the actual day of the next month, so technically this Sunday.) He started wearing his 0-3 month clothes this week instead of his newborn clothes. I have mixed feelings about this since as he outgrows his clothes I am getting rid of them. I'm a little sad. And a little excited about the next phase of my life. No more having babies, but raising kids.
I am feeling a lot of satisfaction and purpose in staying home with my kiddos. This has not always been the case since I've been a mother. I didn't immediately have this sense of well being and contentment with being a stay at home mom when I had Weston. It was tough for me. I think it's taken me a long while to hit my stride as a mom.
Part of that may be that four kids keeps me much busier than just one. Or that some of those kids are old enough to carry on intelligent, interesting, funny conversations with me, which helps mitigate the loneliness I struggled with when I first became a mommy.
Another part is that I know just how fast these babies are going to grow up! I mean, my tiny sweet firstborn is going to be 7 years old in just a few short months. He is already almost smarter than me. It makes me cherish these newborn moments with Beckett all the more. He is my last little lump and he will be smarter than me all too soon. :)
OK, I think this is starting to get rambly. Talia is calling for more juice and Davin needs to be picked up from preschool in ten minutes, so it's time to wrap it up. The last sentence essentially sums up my days here with four little ones. Now if I can just figure out a way to get Talia to start talking more and screaming less my life would be just about perfect.
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
2 comments:
Ha! That last picture is hilarious. I'm really glad to hear that you are doing well, but always feel free to call me when you're having one of those days. It is amazing the perspective that comes with experience. I felt so much more zen about the whole thing with Rachel because I KNEW it wouldn't last forever. (It must help knowing it's the last) Love you so much!
I have a feeling 4 is going to be similar for me. (at least I hope...) That last picture shows how tiny Beckett really is. Adorable. I had a screamer with Brayden. He did not learn to talk until much later then my other boys AND he was much harder to understand once he did (although he eventually outgrew all of that). I use to call him my little monkey because he would just screech about everything, and it would just drive me CRAZY. I started having to fill a little medicine dropper (an old baby tylenol bottle) with vinegar and every time he would screech at me he got a drop in his mouth. He HATED it, but it really started working quickly. I also did vinegar for awhile with one of my boys who was a biter. I could take it with me everywhere so that helped to keep it consistent. (It was a friend who gave me the idea.) I am not sure if it would work with Talia or not, but I thought I would share it with you in case.
Post a Comment