Monday, November 19, 2012

Clean and Refreshed

Saturday morning we took the entire family to Smith's to do some shopping.  We were a circus!  I was pushing a car cart with Talia driving the little car and Beckett in the basket, the boys each had a mini cart, and Ian had a regular cart.  We helped the kids load up on canned and boxed foods to donate to Ian's work's food drive.

While we were both there we went and checked out the entertainment centers.  We ended up buying a new TV stand!  It's really nice and I love having something with closed storage that the baby won't be able to get into when he starts crawling.  I kind of miss having space for toys, but we did relocate a few to the storage ottoman, so Talia's not completely bored while she follows me around the kitchen.

We also picked up some storage things to do some organizing.  We finally got the main front closet organized/cleaned out so we can hang coats in it and still access the stuff we wanted to keep in there.  We also de-cluttered the house to get ready for all of our company this week.  

This weekend I got to have a girls' night (actually afternoon) with my friend Tara.  We went to lunch and saw the new Twilight movie with NO kids!  It was so super fun.  We had a blast chatting and eating, and the movie was actually pretty decent.  A good ending to the series.  I really enjoyed it.  We both needed the break.  It was so refreshing.
Today I am cleaning like crazy.  We are having all of our family here for Thanksgiving and Beckett's baby blessing this week.  I'm excited.  My mom gets here today!  Can't wait!  I'll leave you today with this cute little video of the kiddos playing at the little playground by our house.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Soo refreshing! If I thought I needed girls nights (afternoons) before I had 4 kids, I definitely need them now!! Holy moly. That was so fun.
Cute video of the kids, I don't think I've recorded my kids on a playground since Kenz was an only child. I should totally do that since it's kind of a major part of their childhood. :)