Saturday, November 10, 2012

November? How?

Things are just chugging along here at the Bowles house.  I don't have anything all that exciting to blog about, but I don't want to go too long between posts or my family will miss seeing updated pics of Beckett!  He loves going on walks in our unseasonably warm November weather, which has now turned cold and snowy.  We got 4 inches of snow yesterday!  He doesn't so much love tummy time, but he tolerates it for a few minutes at a time. 
 
 
Last weekend was so nice!  We were just home and we got stuff done but didn't have a ton we HAD to do.  I went and got my hair cut in the morning.  I'm still kind of growing it out, but it badly needed a trim.  It feels so much better and looks about the same.  I ran a few other errands while I was out without kiddos.  My morning alone was made possible by the fact that Beckett is the best baby ever and takes a bottle without a fuss.  Seriously love that little guy! (I love my cute Dav man too)
Saturday night Ian and I went on an impromptu shopping date.  It was super fun.  We took Beckett along.  We grabbed some dinner at Corner Bakery then did some clothes shopping for the kids at Carters.  It was really fun to have Ian help me pick outfits for Beck.  He was an extra good sport because our next stop was the Apple store where Ian bought an AppleTV for us to stream Netflix and Hulu since our current setup was not doing a great job with that.  We finished up with a quick stop at Sam's Club to pick up a Blu-ray player then dessert at Applebee's.  It was a super fun night and Beckett slept the whole time.  I think we might be ready to leave him home next time.

We had our next door neighbors over for dinner on Sunday and it was a blast!  They are so cool.  They brought over muffins with custard that you spoon over the whole thing (James is British and it's a delicious British thing) and our boys put on puppet shows for us after dinner.  We are lucky to have such great neighbors.  Their boys are downstairs watching Tron with my boys as I type this.  I can't put into words how grateful I am that things worked out with selling our house and we were able to move to this neighborhood.  It's exactly what we wanted.

In other news we got a new-to-us dining set this morning!  We just didn't fit at our cute little table anymore.  We were using a folding chair at dinner to accommodate us all and there was zero room for food on the table.  It was time.  We bought the set off KSL, of course.  I found a brand new set online that I loved, but we decided with four little kids and all of the coloring and play doughing and sticky fingers we were better off saving our money and buying used.  I'm excited to eat our first dinner as a family there tomorrow night (Ian is working today/tonight).
I am enjoying these last couple of weeks before the holiday craziness begins.  The Fall is flying by so fast!  I am usually done Christmas shopping by now, but this year I'm not even close.  And oddly enough I don't really want to go do it.  It feels more like a chore than ever before.  Maybe once I'm past Thanksgiving I'll be more excited about it.  In the meantime I am going to relax and let myself be filled with gratitude for all the blessings we enjoy, especially my great kids and hardworking husband.  Happy November!

No comments: