Monday morning we gathered our considerable amount of stuff from Grandma and Grandpa's house and loaded up the van. We got some last hugs and pictures with Grandma and Grandpa before leaving Edmonds. Grandpa gifted Ian one of his beautiful Wayne Henderson guitars. It was kind of bittersweet since we are sad that Grandpa can no longer play his guitar, but Ian loves it and is so grateful to have it. It was fun to get some photos of Beckett with his namesake. His middle name is Lawrence, after Grandpa Squire (his name is Lawrence, but he goes by Larry). We so loved our time in Edmonds and are very thankful to Grandma and Grandpa for feeding us, entertaining us, and letting us take over their condo for a couple of days.
We discovered Beckett had a disgusting, huge, poop-everywhere explosion when we got out of the car at Ian's parents' house. So that was a fun first hour there. I was just glad it was when we arrived at our destination and not at the rest stop that it happened! Anyway, once we were all cleaned up we got to visit for a bit. Ian ran an errand with Jim in his sweet bug. I ran to Target with Aly while Denny hung out with the kids. Davin was very proud to count to 100 for her.
Before dinner we all went swimming at a friend's house. The pool was chilly, but we all still really enjoyed relaxing and cooling off!
Talia mostly liked dipping in at the steps then getting out and watching herself "pee." I blame the fact that she has 3 brothers.
What?!? Beckett snuggled up and dozed off on Uncle Ryan. He never does that with me!
We had a nice dinner with everyone that night. After the kiddos were in bed we played some cards and I spanked everyone in Dummy Rummy. Ian hates that game, but it's only because I always win. ;)
3 comments:
Awesome!!! I love the pics of you in the floating chair with the kids. Just perfect! Looked like a great swim outing.
Dummy Rummy. . . I don't think I've heard of that game. Sounds interesting unless you're the only that wins at it. The pool shots look like so much fun. It doesn't look like it's cold at all. I think that's really cool that Ian's grandpa gave him his guitar. Very sweet!
Aweesome trip! I glad you guys had such a great time!
Post a Comment