Monday, September 30, 2013

Soccer and Stuff

I am clearly barely keeping up with the blog since I'm just now getting around to blogging about soccer!  Actually, I knew I needed to blog about it, but I kept forgetting to take pictures and a blog post without pictures is like a cupcake without frosting.  So, here we go, a nice frosted post for you.

Weston signed up to play soccer with a whole team of friends back at the end of the school year.  They all were friends from the neighborhood/school/ward.  He started practices at the end of August and they are almost halfway through their Fall season now.  Weston is doing great.  His games are really fun to watch.  He is learning to be more aggressive and go for the ball.  I am glad that we didn't start him playing soccer really young because now he's old enough to understand the rules, work together with his team, and is slightly more coordinated than he was when he was five.  :)
This last game we finally got some pictures and video.  Weston had an awesome game.  Ian challenged him to be more aggressive and even told him he would buy Weston a Slurpee if he scored a goal or got hit in the head with the ball.  We did notice this game though that Weston flails his arms really funny when he runs.  Once I noticed it I couldn't stop laughing.  Such a cute soccer player!

Beckett is a cute spectator too.
Before Weston's game on Saturday Ian got our new-to-us bike trailer in working order and took the kids out for a bike ride.  The weather is practically perfect right now and Talia loves riding in the trailer.  Weston got a new-to-him bike that is the next size bigger than his old bike and so it was a fun ride with new wheels.
Finally a bit of creativity.  Weston painted/colored (I'm not sure what the medium is) this chameleon in art class at school.  I thought it looked really cool.
Davin drew the temple during his primary class at church this Sunday.  I just think it's so cute.  Every time he says the prayer (family prayer, dinner prayer, etc.) he always is thankful for the temple.  I sure love that kid.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Kid drawings are the best! That's the coolest angel Moroni I've ever seen :)

elizabeth said...

Wish I could see Weston flail his arms . . I mean play soccer!! Love the artwork too. Super sweet about Dav and the temple!

joyous said...

Love it! I'm so glad he's enjoying soccer. And all your bikes look so fun. I'm sorely tempted for christmas this year.....

Love the art work too. It's so fun when they get to do cool stuff like that at school.