The day after Snowbird Mom came back to our house for one last sleepover before she headed back to CA. She had spent a couple of days up in Ogden with Aunt Barbara and then had met up with an old friend for lunch. Her friend dropped her off at my house that afternoon. Mel came over a little bit after that to hang with us and let the kids meet baby Wilson. They were super excited to hold him. They all did great and love their new cousin.
Beckett has been super into babies recently, which is great since we have lots of new baby cousins. He was so funny when he saw Wilson. He was yelling gibberish and was so excited to see him. He was soft though and would touch Wilson with just his index finger. He gave him kisses too. Pretty adorable.Mel hung all afternoon until she had to leave to pick up Brad. That night Mom and I got to work on my Snowball family quilt squares. My Snowball cousins and aunts are putting together a quilt. We are each making 18 of a quilt square then we will get one of everyone's squares to make our own family quilt. I'm super excited to put it together, but I was really nervous about the actual sewing part since I haven't used my sewing machine in about 10 years and didn't know how to thread it or anything. I'm so glad Mom got me started. I actually had a lot of fun doing almost the entire thing by myself. Once I got it figured out it went pretty fast. Mom and I set up shop in the basement and sewed and watched Pride and Prejudice until pretty late.
I had to take Mom to the airport in the morning, but I ended up getting all of my quilt squares done that weekend. It was fun having Mom in and out for a couple weeks while she helped with Baby Wilson and ended up helping with my kids too (when we went to Vegas). She's pretty much the best. :) It wasn't too sad saying goodbye because I knew we would get to play again in just a few weeks at our Tahoe family reunion.






No comments:
Post a Comment