Thursday, October 22, 2015

Beckett Turns 3!

September brought a birthday to our house! Beckett turned 3 years old. I can't believe my baby is really really not a baby anymore. Also, I'm pretty sure I will say that every year when he gets older. He's still super adorable and sweet and says the cutest, funniest things. We all adore our sweet Beckett. He had a very fun birthday this year. Started off with some Lucky Charms (aka marshmallows for breakfast) and cards from his big brothers. I was impressed with Davin's drawing of elephants on the card he made for Beckett. Weston made Beck a little coupon book with things like piggy back rides, reading a story, and playing elephants. I pretty much just said yes all day. He watched shows, went to the farm, picked out our lunch (quesadillas from Del Taco), and then had a fun little family party.
The Curnow's joined us for dinner at In N Out. Then we went back to the house to open presents, sing Happy Birthday, and eat birthday donuts. When I asked Beckett what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday he said he didn't want cake. I asked about cupcakes or ice cream but he said he didn't want a treat. Finally I suggested donuts and that was the winner. :) Bonus, I didn't have to make anything! Ian picked up the donuts on his way home from work! Beckett was spoiled with lots of fun gifts from his family. He got lots of How to Train Your Dragon toys, a cute book with his name in it (which he loves and calls his "little boy book"), an alphabet puzzle, new jammies, a couple new shirts, his own football, and some birthday money.
Beckett took his birthday dollars to the dollar store and picked out a pack of dinosaur eggs (those little capsules you put in hot water and they have shaped sponges inside). He was so excited to hatch them himself. He did them one at a time and spent a few hours hatching all of his dino eggs. It was adorable. Love this kid! He also spent some of his birthday money going to the zoo during Fall Break and picking out a giraffe toy in the gift shop.
Being 3 is pretty great. Beckett is pretty much all the way potty trained, is loving his joy school preschool, and is just a really fun kid. He still loves elephants and trains, but really just loves all animals. He keeps a hoard of loveys on his bed and sleeps with no less than 6 at a time right next to him. He loves reading books and going to the farm. He also loves his mommy. Every time I leave Ian says his reaction is pretty sad. He just crumples and gets sad when he finds out mommy isn't home. Gotta get it on video one of these days. Anyway, we couldn't be happier to have Beckett in our family. Happy Birthday buddy!

No comments: